Hinata's eyes lit up at that and her pout turned into a smile as she and Sasuke started walking side by side. Neither talked for a while, just enjoying the silence for the first time. It wasn't awkward at all.

They were now at the outskirts where only a few stalls were lit but no vendors could be seen. They kept walking as he led the way and stopped at the bank of a small river that flowed from behind the village.

Sasuke took a glance at Hinata who had come to stand beside him, her hair flowed behind her back as the cool night breeze brushed their faces. Hinata had her eyes closed as she took a deep breathe and a smile made its way to her lips. She looked beautiful-- divine, in that moment. His heart skiped a beat and again, he couldn't figure out why. He willed himself to avert his eyes from her and focused his attention in front of him.

Hinata exhaled and then sighed. "I love the smell of wet earth, it feels so refreshing. Like the earth, itself is reminding us that we are alive."

"I don't smell anything," he said in monotone. Hinata looked at him in disbelief but recovered quickly and he saw her roll her eyes. He couldn't help but smile at her reactions but still tried to look like his usual cold self. It was getting harder to mask his emotions, and he didn't like that all but at the same time, he wanted to smile at her.

He closed his eyes as he tried to clear his mind. He must be going crazy, thinking about these stupid stuff. He must have hit his head somewhere. He should let Sakura check up on him once they returned back to the village.

"Sasuke-kun, are you okay?" Hinata's gentle voice reached his ears and he opened his eyes and looked at her. "You seem troubled."

"I am okay," he said and turned back. "Let's go." He started walking but soon stopped when he felt something soft around his feet. He looked down and found two kittens hanging onto his feet. He crouched down and picked them up as he smiled. He always had a soft spot for cats, especially when they were these small kittnes. He somehow attracted a lot of cats too.

He then heard a couple of 'meows' and looked at the source of it and found six other cats looking up at him in anticipation. Sasuke looked at them in confusion but then suddenly they all jumped up at him and he lost his footing as he fell to the ground on his butt at the edge of the river, making his cloths all wet. A laugh was heard beside him. That laugh belonging to none other than the Hyuga as she came forward, laughing.

He felt his face burn slightly with embarassment but he didn't let it show on his face, and looked at the laughing Hyuga. He couldn't say anything. Ofcourse, anyone would laugh if they saw the infamous Sasuke Uchiha being tackled by some cats. His brow slightly twitched but then he heard Hinata laughing again. Her laugh was light but full of energy, warm and hearty. Not at all like those girls who threw themselves on him. It was a laughter of someone who hadn't laughed in a long while and just couldn't seem to stop now.

"I-I... I am s-so...sorry," she said between her laughter as she tried to stop herself. She had small tears at the edge of her eyes. She wiped them and extended her hand to Sasuke to help him get up. She smiled at him but Sasuke returned that with a smirk as he took her hand. But instead of getting up, he pulled Hinata down and she fell into the water just beside him.

She let out a yelp when she fell and her cloths got all wet and the tips of hair were driping. She had a bewildered look on her face as she found herself in the same situation as Sasuke. She groaned.

Sasuke laughed at her expression and he just couldn't stop himself. It was like someone had just unlocked his chains and now he was free.

"Why did you do that?" Hinata whined as she tried to stand up but because of her kimono, she slipped and again fell into the water, splashing it here and there. Sasuke again let out a laugh and Hinata also joined him and they just laughed their hearts out. They teased each other a bit and played around like little childern before getting out of the water. They both shivered as the wind blew past them. Seeing each other shiver, they again brusted into laughter. People gave them odd looks as they made their way to the mansion, still laughing and snickering.

The festival was over and all the men, women and childern were now retiring to their homes, childern sleeping on their parents' shoulders, tired from all the fun they'd. They reached the mansion and went to their rooms after saying goodnight to each other.

Sasuke changed into his night cloths and layed in his futon, his thoughts drifting to his beautiful companion as a small smile played on his lips.

He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. He didn't care how much he seemed out of character tonight. He was having a great time and finally he was happy and his heart, finally was started to be at peace.

««««««««««««««««««««««««««

Hey guys! I would like to thank all of you for reading and supporting this story. Thank you so much for 2K reads! 😍😍😍 I can't describe how happy I am and I hope that you will continue to support me and my work in the future! 😄😁😊 Thanks once again.

So I hope you enjoyed the chapter, its a bit short but don't worry! Some juicy stuff will be coming right up in the upcoming chapters. 😏😏

And I am publishimg it early because I wont be able to use wattpad for 4 to 5 days, because me and my family is going to our village for the Eid Celebrations (meeting with relatives is one of the most difficult thing to do for me)

Anyways! Stay happy, healthy and take care! I will be back with a new chapter in hand! Untill then byeee!

P.S: Eid Mubarak 💕 (in advance) 😉

--stars_above12.