22.Fight

"So what's your plan?" Dylan asked me after seeing the list. "And why are you on the list?" Hudson asked. "I think we'd all like to know the answer to that. Why am I on the list Dustin?" I asked him.

At the top of the list where almost every desk agent was highlighted, there were two outliers coming in at second and third. Those agents happened to be me and Dustin.

"I took third in a category that I shouldn't be in" I added with a sigh. "Based off of your position in the agency as the vice commander and considering how you still don't have a secretary, it was decided that in the end you do the same work as any desk agent if not more. That's why you were included in the ranking list for desk agents" he explained.

"In that case, why don't you explain to me how I ended up on every single ranking list" I asked him. There were categories that I had expected to end up in on the list such as field agents and overall agent. What I hadn't expected was to come in first in both of those categories.

To add to that, I had also been placed at the top of the rankings in various other categories such as intel, desk, and guard to name a few. Then there were miscellaneous categories, that I had no business being in since I hardly ever did any work in them, where I would end up near the middle of the rankings or towards the end. However considering that only the top fifty agents of every category made the rankings, even being in last place was saying a lot.

"It's because the entire agency idolizes you. If agent Bunny can't make a list then the agents in that category will lose hope and question if the lists are even accurate. The data may be slightly skewed at times but this is the best way to promote the new lists" Dustin explained.

"I know that if I didn't see you placed on a list I wouldn't believe it. You're too amazing to not make it" He quietly added. "He's right. You may not think you should be on these lists but everyone else does" Dylan said. "I really don't deserve to be on half of those lists or to be placed so high on them" I sighed. "You're the only one who thinks that" Dylan told me. "Agreed" Hudson said.

"Moving on, what are you going to do about agent Chaff?" Dylan asked. On the desk agent rankings, way past the cut off for most secretaries, there was one name that stood out, Agent Chaff. Darla sat near the top of the bottom half of the list and even with a lot of leeway she was nowhere near the rank that a secretary should have.

"Now that you've seen the list are you finally against her being a secretary?" I asked him. "Possibly but that doesn't mean I support you kicking her out of the agency" he replied after taking a few seconds to think about it.

"All I want is to get her demoted to a regular desk agent instead of a secretary. If she ends up quitting that's just bonus" I told him. "Then I'm in" he told me. "So am I" Hudson replied. "Why not" Nate said. "I already agreed" Dustin added.

"Nate I forgot you were here but glad to have your help and Hudson you're busy all day tomorrow" I said. "Wait tomorrow? I thought we were doing this today" Dylan exclaimed. "No, I'll let you know the plan tomorrow and then we'll get started. As for right now, I have a two hour break since Dustin will make himself useful and inform everyone that the next presentation will be starting an hour later then scheduled and I intend to use it to take care of some stuff outside of the agency" I told them.

"And as for the rest of you, Hudson you have a recovery scheduled for an hour from now, Nate you should enjoy your time off before your gate shift, and Dylan you signed yourself up for an easy mission" I added while I walked out of the room leaving the others in shock over the fact that I knew exactly what they had going on for the afternoon.

***

I was almost back to my aunt's house to go check on the twins when my phone started ringing. I glanced over to check the caller id and saw it was from Izzy. I debated ignoring it until I got home but I ended up deciding to pull over and answer it.