Insignificant (Kid, AU)

I've started my rewrite of my Ace book, unknown number. If you're at all interested in it... please feel free to go ahead and take a look...? Who knows... you might like it...?

Also, I think it's important to address, Kid is beautiful. The end. Enjoy.

————

Insignificant
    adjective
• too small or unimportant to be worth consideration.
synonyms: unimportant, of minor importance, of no importance, of little importance, not worth mentioning, worthless, irrelevant, etc.
• (of a person) without power or influence.
• meaningless.

She closes her eyes, listening to the sounds of the tv and Kid's rhythmic breathing. The man's arm around her making her feel even hotter by the second, but she loves the contact too much to break away. It's been so long since they last had a chance like this to snuggle, so she's trying to make the best of it.
He notices the sweat lining her forehead, and goes to move his arm, "No. Don't."
She grabs his arm and pulls it back over her and snuggles back into his chest, "But, aren't you hot?"
  She shakes her head, as he pulls on the edge of her long sleeves. He lets out a sigh, turning his attention back to the show displayed on the screen. His fingers run through her hair, the feeling of the motion soothing her.
  "Why don't you change? It's the middle of summer and you're practically wearing a turtle neck," his amber eyes burn into the back of her head, but she sits back up and stares at him. He smiles at her, bringing her into a kiss. "Or I can take it off for you?"
  She scoffs, lightly punching his shoulder, "No, it's too hot for that."
  He raises his eyebrows, "But not too hot to wear a long sleeve-"
  "My fashion choices are mine alone," she gets off the couch and starts to walk away, stopping in the doorway and looking back at her red-haired boyfriend. "You getting hungry?"
  "No," he glances back at her and sends her a smirk, "But by the time you're finished cooking, I will be."
  She rolls her eyes and finishes walking into the kitchen. He's onto her. She rolls up the sleeves, staring at the scars that litter her skin. A sigh escapes her lips before she pulls the sleeves back over to hide her insecurities.
  But Kid's onto her. He knows something is wrong. They've been friends forever before they got into a relationship, so it would only make sense that he'd be able to tell. She lets out a sigh, then starts on dinner.
Towards the end of the process, Kid leans on the door frame with his arms crossed, "Smells nice."
She turns and gives him a forced smile, "Yep! Years of practice! You wouldn't understand!"
He drops his arms before walking behind her and wrapping them around her body, "I've had years of practice in other things, (Y/n)."
He places his lips on the nape of her neck, placing kisses up to her ear. She giggles as she puts her hand over his face in between the next kiss and pushes him away, "I'm cooking."
"Well, I'm craving something different," he grabs her wrist, noticing her wince slightly. He lets out a sigh, losing his grasp on her before he turns her around. "What's going on with you?"
"What do you mean?" she brings her hand to her chest and rubs where it hurts. "Nothing is-"
"Quit lying, (Y/n)," he steps up to her again, this time grabbing the edge of her shirt. "Take it off."
"Kid!" she looks into his eyes and suddenly looses her will to fight him, so she looks at the ground as she takes off the long sleeved shirt. Feeling cooler and slightly happy.
Until he grabs her fist and brings it towards him, rotating her arm and spotting the wounds that still haven't healed, "What's wrong? What's so important that you can't even trust me with? Unless you're doing this because of me? Didn't you think I'd notice? You've been reclusive lately."
She feels her throat getting raw and dried out, "It's not you... it's me... I just... feel... so insignificant late-"
"Why?" he lets go of her and the look in his eyes are hard, like he's pissed. "Why do you feel insignificant?"
"I just... feel like no matter what I do... no one seems to care," her (e/c) eyes fill up with tears. "I just feel like I'm not... good enough. Like no matter how hard I try, it won't make a difference. Like... if I die, nothing will change in this world. Everything will just keep going."
"Because it will," while she was speaking he went around and turned off all the appliances that could burn the food, so he takes her back into the living room, her shirt still in her hand, and sits her on the couch. He stares at her from the spot next to her, "In the greater scheme of things... no one will care. Same with me. If I die, no one would give a damn. I could get offed right now, and no one would shed a tear for me. It won't make a damn difference in the world."
"No! If you died, I would be heartbroken!" she tightens her grip on the fabric in her hand. "And the rest of your group! They admire you as if you-"
"That's the point, (Y/n)! What does it matter if the world keeps on going? You don't need to world to acknowledge your presence, you have more than enough people who'll miss you closer to you," he breathes out before he reaches out and pulls her on to his chest. "You're the most important thing to me. The only thing about you that's insignificant are those thoughts. Don't harm yourself because you don't feel good enough or anything else. Because you are nothing less than perfection to me."
He's a strange man. He doesn't know how to express himself. But this is enough. After all, she's the most important thing to him. That's all she needs to know.

Perfection
noun
the condition, state, or quality of being free or as free as possible from all flaws or defects.
synonyms:    flawlessness, excellence, superbness, sublimity, exquisiteness, magnificence, perfectness, faultlessness, impeccability, immaculateness, exemplariness
• a person or thing perceived as the embodiment of perfection.
• the action or process of improving something until it is faultless or as faultless as possible.

~Insignificant End~