Chapter 18: I wish I could hate you

"STOP IT RIGHT THERE!" We heard suddenly.

We had just turned around an isle. A whole group of guards with guns stood there, pointing at us.

"Turn yourselves in and we won't shoot"

I heard Katsuki growl in front of me. Standing protectively in front of me.
I smiled, feeling a bit drained from using so much power.

"Yeah sure. Like you don't wanna execute me, you bastards"

Katsuki cracked his knuckles and smirked. "Oh I'm so ready to blast your head off."

"You had your chance. Fire!"

And the guards fired at us. Katsuki screamed and send a big explosion to them all. Meeting the bullets mid air and destroying them.

"IS THAT ALL YOU FUCKING GOT?!"

The guards didn't even flinch. One of them even nodded to us. Or... us? More like someone behind... us.

I quickly turned around only to see a guard in front of me, a big smirk on his face with a gun to my head.

"Game over"

Katsuki turned around to see what was happening and his eyes spit fire when he saw it.

"OH NO NOT AGAIN!" He latched at the guard sending him and the gun to the ground.

But at the same time, the group guards started firing again. Katsuki was to busy to do anything and I knee I had to keep us save...

But with what strength?

I took a deep breath and braced myself for the worst possible outcome.

With my hands forward I tried to make the shield again. But because I didn't have enough strength, it wasn't as big as before. It only shielded my chest.

Bullets flew into my legs, knocking me over.

"FUCK"

"(Y/N)!" Katsuki yelled and ran to me.

"The fighting never ends does it..." i smiled weakly.

Katsuki looked pissed off. "It will end. After I kill all of those bastards"

He stood up and looked at the guards. "Bring it" his inner demon said.

"Gladly. MEN FIRE!"

And the bullets came again.
But this time, Katsuki made such a big explosion there was smoke everywhere. Quickly he took me in his arms and jumped over the guards, using his quirk to fly a bit.

We landed harsly and I heard Katsuki curse. I mean whem doesn't he...

He started running out of the building. And even after that, he kept running.

"K-Katsuki... I think we're far enough..."

"No we're not!" He scoffed.

"Katsuki! Stop already!" I screamed

And finally he stopped, trying hard not to look at my bleeding legs.

"Again... they shot you again! And it's... it's my fault"

He looked away from me, his hard eyes looking realky soft and sad. A sight that was really rare.

"I'm fine... we escaped them didn't we? You weren't executed. Smile a bit" I touched his cheek and made him look at me.

"We're alright now."

"But those pieces of scum will try to find us again. You know that."

"Fujiho would know what to do. I'm sure"

"Who?"

"Oh he's the one that took care of me after the accident. My parents... they're not reachable somehow."

Katsuki stared at me before sighing and looking away.

"That's kind of my fault..."

"What?" I raised my eyebrow, totally confused.

"When I was still, well... a villain. I... accidentally murdered them."

My eyes grew when I heard those words.

I saved this man from death, risked everything I had, did anything I could... only to find out he killed my family.

Tears formes in my eyes, and it was not long before they were streaming across my face.

Villains are dangerous...

I see that now.

"WHY?!" I screamed at him.

Katsuki bit his lip and was visibly struggling with what to do or say.

"I-I... I flipped. Your mom was the first... she knew about us and tried to help me... but when she told me you were engaged... I just..."

"You lost your cool and just killed her."

Katsuki looked at me. "I'm sorry... I didn't want to..."

"What about my dad?!"

"He... had seen me before when you were kidnapped. So he joined the forces that wanted me dead. I... I... I'm so sorry"

"PUT ME DOWN!"

"But your legs..."

"NOW!"

And so he obeyed. Carefully putting me on the ground.

My legs were damaged enough sobthat i couldn't stand. I grabbed my phone out of my pocked and dialed Fujiho's number.

"(Y/N)?! Are you okay?" His father-like voice was heard.

I sniffed. "Can you... come and get me please..."

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"Katsuki... he killed my parents. Can you please just come and get me"

"Y-Yes of course! Send me your location, I'll be right there"

And I hang up, quickly after that sending him my location.

"(Y/N)... just please... I know you're mad. I would be too but... d-don't leave me"

I looked cold to Katsuki. "I trew away everything. My whole life! Because I liked you! God I was so stupid" I facepalmed and looked away.

"I got killed trying to protect you, finding you again after and getting you out of jail. So you wouldn't be killed!"

My hands started glowing again. But I didn't care.

"And for what?! Just to find out that you KILLED MY FAMILY?!"

Katsuki looked away. His whole body spoke defeat. Tears in his eyes.

I sniffed and looked down, balling my fists.

"I wish I could hate you... I want to hate you."

"But..." Katsuki spoke softly, almost scared to ask.

I looked at him, the pain visible in my eyes.

"I just can't..."