Chapter 13: Wings are a big target

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

With big eyes I stared at the news. Completely ignoring all the people around me who were staring at my wings.

''Katsuki...''

It was all my fault... I let him become this villain. If I helped him better and left home earlier... If I-If I-

''Mama?'' Suddenly I felt a soft pull on my shirt.

I looked down and saw a little girl from around six with tears in her eyes. She looked shocked when she noticed I wasn't her mama and let go imeadiately.

''H-Hey... are you okay?'' I asked her and sat down on my knees.

She stared at me and sniffed.

''I lost my mama...''

My heart squeezed at the sight and I took her in my arms. ''It's okay little one... what is your name?''

She smiled a bit and leaned against me. ''I'm Maru!'' 

I petted her head, her hair feeling very soft in my hands. ''Well, let's go and find your mom now.''

She nodded and grapped my shirt a bit tighter. 

I looked around and started walking. ''How does she look?''

''She has brown long hair... a-and a super kind smile!''

I giggled and held Maru closer. ''Okay Maru-chan. You have to trust me okay?''

She nodded and smiled. And with that I lept from the ground until we could see most of the people.

''Can you see her?''

She blinked a few times and looked around. ''No... wait yes! OVER THERE!''

And she pointed to a woman a bit further up ahead, looking franctically around. A smile crossed my lips and I flew to her, landing behind her.

''I'm sorry miss, but I think I found your daughter''

The woman turned around and gasped. ''MARU-CHAN!'' 

Maru jumped from my arms into the womans and they hugged each other tightly.

''Oh my god I'm so thankfull... How can I repay you?!'' The woman was almost crying.

I patted Maru's head and smiled. ''It's okay. Just doing my job''

The womans eyes glanced over my wings. ''You're a hero?''

I rubbed the back of my head and chuckled. ''I want to be one yes.''

''Well let's hope you won't get killed now that there is this murder criminal around... Goodluck!'' And she walked away.

I looked down and sighed. ''Let's hope not...''

...

I was walking down the street, groceries in my bag in my hands. My feathers slowly dancing in the wind.

It was a nice day...

Until....

''Hey... Isn't that the criminal everyone is searching for?''

''He looks like him!''

Whispers were heard around me. I frowned and looked at the people.

That was just plain rude to say that to somebody...

Somebody walked past me and I felt a weird energy radiate of him. I ignored it and kept walking.

But the person stopped. He turned around pretty quickly and I felt his stare in my back.

I groaned and turned around as well. ''Yes I have angel wings. So wha-''

''(Y/N)...''

''Katsuki...''

We stared at each other, not believing we saw each other again.

I scanned him, looking at the ripped clothes and bruises all over his body. ''A-Are you okay?''

He didn't answer and sighed. ''I'm fine.'' And he turned around. 

And just like that, he was walking away.

Did he just really do that...

''Please hero! Kill him!'' A voice screamed.

It was meant for me...

''YEAH! YOU CAN DO IT!''

More people joined in, until everyone was screaming at me to kill him.

Katsuki stopped and laughed. He turned around with a sick grin. His eyes looking dead.

''Yeah hero... why don't you try and kill me huh?''

The sight of him looking like this hurted me more than I wanted to admit.

''Katsuki... please don't...''

''Don't do what? Hmm? You are going to kill me right?''

''No... Of course not!''

''Then I should kill you'' He grinned and raced towards me. Hitting me in the face with his quirk.

I screamed and took a step back. ''Katsuki this isn't like you!''

''Oh but it is!'' And he attacked again.

I growled and dodged the attack. Grabbing his arm and yanking him towards me.

Tears were forming in my eyes. ''Bakugou Katsuki... you told me you loved me right?''

He flinched and quickly made an explosion so he could jump back.

''Katsuki!''

''I don't love you! Never did! Never will!''

It pissed me of. He was lying, I knew. 

''Fine!'' And I attacked him. With the speed I lept at him, he could only fall back.

I looked at him beneath me and sighed. I took his hand and placed it around my neck.

''Then kill me''

The crowd went silent and people took a step back. Not wanting to see him killing me.

Katsuki's hand tightened a bit. But I refused to stop looking at him.

''You're insane...'' He mumbled

''For loving you? Yes I am'' 

His eyes widened and he hestitated. ''You are engaged... When were you planning to tell me?''

I stared at him and placed my hand on his cheek. ''My parents made the arangement... I refused.''

''But your mother said...''

''Did she also tell you that I left home?''

He stared at me. Unbelief in his eyes.

''I love you, Katsuki Bakugou'' And I pushed through his wavering hand and kissed him.

The feelings inside me started racing, butterflies... no it was probably more than that.

My lips were on fire, my wings glowing.

Was this what love would feel like with him?

Tears escaped Katsuki's eyes and he kissed me back. His lips just as inexperienced as me, not knowing fully how to move.

Perfect...

His grip around my neck loosened and he sat up, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer.

I could tell he didn't want to let go, and I didn't want it either. Never...

''Shoot them!'' A scream came from behind me.

And a second later I felt Inmense pain in my back. Like my wings were shot off.

I screamed and fell down. Katsuki quickly holding me and looking what had happened.

I could barely breathe and could not make anything out. My vision dissapearing.

''(Y/N)!!!'' 

His beautiful voice... Was this the last time I would hear it?