"Its right here" I tell him.

"Good, theres an envelope in there. Pull it out, it should be in the front pocket"

I pull out the envelope and sit on the edge of the bed. It holds a note, a rubberband filled with cash and a necklace.

"Dad..."

"It was your Mom's" he says. The purple of it sparkled even though the room seemed so dull and so dark, its color matching my eyes. It looked like a crystal and it was wrapped in gold lining.

"The money is for emergencies and the note your Mom wrote for you but you don't have to read it now. Zoe, we've been on the phone for a while, it's not safe" he rushes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask him

"I don't know, but Zo sweetheart there's alot of things you don't know and it's for your safety. I-" he stops and the phones makes a staticky noise before it makes a low ringing sound.

"Zoe, you have to go. I love you okay? And know that I'm okay as long as your there" he finishes.

"I love you too Dad" I tell him before he hangs up the phone.

I hold the phone to my chest and grab the things that was inside the envelope.

Zo,

When you read this, I'll probably be gone. Your going to miss me, but please for the sake of us both don't ever think that I won't be there with you every step of the way. No matter where you go, I'll always be there with you. I wrote this note for you, before everything started to happen and I asked your Dad to leave it for you. I left this pendant for you. It was your grandmas and then she gave it to me and now its yours. It will protect you and guide you through the hard times. And even though you won't need it, I still left it for you in hopes that maybe you'll give it to someone who really needs it. Your special Zo, and so much more powerful then anyone in the history of hybrids. Not that you don't know this, I'm sure you've found out now about the Midnight Blood, losing me was the pain and sorrow you felt. And it awakened your spark. It will protect you from whatever stands in your way. You will also continue to grow stronger. But you can handle it. YOU can handle it Zoe. You can stop those High Rollers and protect your friends and your Dad. There's so much more important things in this world than me. And you will see Zoe, you will see. I love you. Don't forget about me okay?

"I'll never forget about you Mom, never" I say aloud before wiping my face and closing the note.

I put it back into the envelope with the pendant. I don't want to wear it yet since we always practice and if it gets messed up, I'll never be able to live with myself. My mind can't stop replaying the words from the note in it. Thanks to Mom, I finally know why the poem said pain and sorrow awakened my spark. I smiled to myself.

I walk over to my draw and just as I'm about to retrieve the poem that I wrote on the paper, someone knocks on the door. I close the draw back and head for the door, I open it and Chelsea stands on the other side.

"Hi" she forced a smile.

"Hey"

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to practice now" she runs her hand through her hair and folds her arms.