Chapter Thirty Seven

"I don't know why Osas keeps texting me, I told him like some minutes ago .... I'm in the damn building!" Fiona grumbled, strutting ahead while Angela scurried behind.

Angela immediately pulled at her.

"And you ...." Glanced through Angela's pain-stricken face. "You've been pinning and brooding all day ... why?"

"I need to tell you something." Angela swallowed, fighting her tears, more like avoiding creating a scene as a couple of people seemed to be using the hotel hallway as well.

It was the evening of the day, Osas broke up with her. Angela had gone to Lyric's straight from the breakup scene, using her shoulder as a lean and cry-on. She cried all morning till mid-day when Fiona called and urged for her immediate presence.

Angela understood Osas needed his space but these were busy times and Fiona needed her friendship and assistance more than ever.

This deal, they were closing with Prince, Chairman of Polyzatcorp, appeared more demanding than anything, Angela had seen. A deal that got everyone on their feet and now this party...

They weren't exactly dressed for a party, their work outfit seemed to do just alright. However, the mood seemed to be more of an issue.

"Osas broke up with me!"

Fiona bewilderedly dropped her jaws with blank stares which expressed her shock, while she stood immobile.

A few seconds later, she stood absolving this news, which appeared more authentic, seeing Angela break into tears again.

What the hell was she going to do with this news?

Damn! She'd unconscious spent every free second of the day wondering why Angela looked like she was mourning a child.

"What did you do?" She pulled her along, walking away with her to a different direction from the party which was their initial destination.

***

Fiona paced up and down the ladies. This exactly wasn't good energy for Angela, who already was dealing with heartbreak.

She always seemed to underestimate Fiona's involvement with Osas's life and how much she wanted this relationship to excel. Watching Fiona's irritation gradually build-up was more of a reminder.

Angela had a lapse in her thoughts, snapped her eyes shut. She reopened her eyes again and it dawn on her again.

This wasn't a dream. Not one of her terrible nightmares either.

Osas was done with her.

Life without Osas!
She tried to wrap her head around the idea. It hurt her brain thinking of it.

She'd tried begging. She'd tried reaching out to him many times but it appeared she could no longer reach through to him anywhere. He might have blocked her, This things weren't hard for him. She understood Osas always isolated himself every time, he dealt with pain.

In fact, he didn't know how to process pain. He didn't know how to let go nor how to forgive. It was his shortcoming as a decent person.

She also had called Alexa, earlier but she appeared to have no idea what was going on.

How about going home and waiting for him?

Well, she had at some point wanted to go home but Osas hadn't been home all day, Alexa confirmed this. And when she had seriously made up her mind to do so, Fiona called.

"Please the last thing Osas needs to see is me." Angela muffled between her tears. "I owe him that much."

"No!" Fiona gasped, authoritatively. "You are not going anywhere. You are gonna stop crying and we are gonna fix this. So..."