Chapter Thirty Four

Angela took a deep breath, reaching for the doorknob that led to Osas's ground floor study. This was one place, he loved to spend time, alone. Despite Angela's presence, he sometimes snuck out, however, Angela always found her way to him, except for the days, she really wanted him to be. It was fun intruding, knowing that was distracting.

All that seriousness was sometimes boring!

There were days, when Osas would rather not be disturbed, he usually disappeared to the underground, where he currently had all his late father's belongings. People rarely remember that space existed. One could imagine Angela's surprise, the day she found him there. The fact, there was a mini-study in there - turned her off. It was almost annoying, he was either studying or writing.

She exhaled once more, hoping today was like the other days. However, she was just returning from supposed Ted's party, the next morning. Considering what had happened with Texas.

Yeah! Texas!

Well, she was a huge mess. Practically sneaking out on him, this morning and having him wake and asking where she was hurrying off to.

It was bad enough, she had to lie - she had a flight to catch as she had an official trip to Port Harcourt on a Sunday. She knew on a normal day, Tex would never buy that lie but considering, he was trying to win her back. He seemed to have no other option than to be calm and keep to his promise.

Dealing with Texas wasn't the same as dealing with her actual man, Osas. He left series of missed calls and texts, last night. He was right to be worried, she was supposed to return before dusk, yesterday.

It was consoling, Lyric texted and informed her, Osas had called and she had to lie that Angela was drunk, asleep and that she was taking Angela home with her.

Osas trusted Lyric but it would be rather awkward when he realized Lyric could tell a lie to his face. Angela knew how much her man hated lies. He treated lies like betrayal, which was what they actually stand for.

Notwithstanding, Osas hadn't taken her calls all morning. This was another reason to be concerned. She checked her time, which was a quarter past 8 am.

She inhaled anxiously, remembering Mrs. Alexa confirmed, he had been in that study all night.

Unless he was asleep, there happened to be a bed in there and they had spent some nights in the study, cuddled, and made love and all.

Impulsively, she turned the knob and pushed in.

Osas was in his pajamas, settled behind his desk. He glanced from his desktop to the entrance. His expression was mild, neither excited nor stern, however his eyes had that passion in them. Something, he couldn't control.

"Baby, I'm so sorry." She muttered, just at the entrance, walking in slowly.

"... hmmm, who's that, Osas?" Clara said from the screen of his desktop despite, she hardly heard Angela.

"Mum, let's talk later. Bye, mum. Love you." He shut her off his screen, staring at Angela as she advanced closer to him.

His expression was hard to read. He looked like he hadn't slept all night. But he still didn't look mad.

"I'm so sorry." She mumbled before him, but he reached and hauled her to him, making her seat on his lap.

"Lovely dress." He mumbled, observing her.

"What?" She searched his face.

She least expected that. She moistened her lips, lowering her gaze. "I have so much of my belongings at Lyrics. She kinda have most of them ..." she stuttered and stopped. Peering at him through her lashes.