Chapter Eleven

Angela tore her attention from her meal to her buzzing phone, seeing another notification. She indulgently took her time, going through other notifications, swiping through her phone. At least, it would be in another 40mins before her lunch break was over.

Other than, when Texas stopped by to take her out for lunch, the company canteen seemed to do perfectly well.

Well, this was her favorite spot. It was extremely cozy, and the one place to see all of the splendors in udohcorp.

She instantly glanced up at the out roar of laughter coming from a table about two tables away from hers.

She caught sight of Zika amidst two hot female lawyers, who happened to be Caucasians. Zika loved superior company, so did many apparently but not her – Angela.

There were benefits of being alone, she consoled herself. Peace of mind maybe.

She literally shrugged, instantly flushing out that thought, at the sight of Fiona strutting alone, in like a runway model.

She never came in alone, the few times, she had seen her here. She was always in a company of older Staff, like much older Staff. Heads of departments, for instance, and on two occasions, the CFO.

She stabbed her fork on her chips, watching Fiona pull a tray of food from the counter whilst smiling admirably to the chef. She was always like this, her smiles. Her simplicity with everyone. How was anyone this perfect?

Fiona's eyes seemed to be roaming the entire canteen, while she slowly walked away from the counter. Their eyes locked, Angela intuitively pulled her eyes away, timidly.

Meanwhile, Zika appeared to be waving her hand at Fiona for recognition. A wave, she blatantly ignored.

Angela raised her eyelid, at the feeling someone was settling in front of her. She impetuously gasped at the sight of Fiona, who had dropped a tray containing a plate of macaroni with so much salad and 2 boiled eggs. There was also a glass of fresh juice.

Not the most appetizing dish as far as Angela was concerned.

"Hi" Angela intoned nervously, watching her say a quick grace silently.

She never actually thought her religious, let alone catholic.

"Hello." She flipped her eyes open, smiling sweetly to angela's bewilderment.

"It's much more easier asking God the grace for appetite these days, than being grateful."

Her voice was a mere whisper, that Angela felt compelled to see wisdom in her irrational words.

Angela beamed in returned, mostly star-stricken, she was been noticed by almighty Fiona. She couldn't help but stared, despite how she hard she tried to make her stares less obvious.

However, Fiona was a work of art, her gestures, lack of interest in her meal. The whole time burying her eyes in her phone.

"I bet you need more prayer for appetite." Angela scoffed amused, spilling her thoughts.

She probably shouldn't have said that! Suddenly tensed, as Fiona glanced up at her, but with a broad smile, which genuinely tinted her stares.

"The food here taste horrible." she shook her head, sipping from her juice, flippantly fluttering her lashes in disgust as the food soured her mouth.

Her lashes! whoever made those was a pro and deserved an award.

"It doesn't taste so bad." Angela added, wondering what kind of taste, she expected from a half cooked macaroni, which she could actually count in the midst of un-creamed salad.