Chapter Thirty

The sea roared, and its white wave crashing hard on the beach shores, playful cheers merging from teenagers who were on the surfboards – lots of teenagers, boys, and girls.

Jack shifted his gaze from the beach to his pocket, which currently possessed his buzzing phone. He pulled it, speaking into the phone, it was Fiona at the other end, enquiring about Osas' whereabouts and also wondering why Angela's phone was also switched off.

He glanced up at the two love birds, who recently were strolling the length of the very long beach. In as much as the answer was simple, he knew this was something Osas would prefer private at the moment.

"I'm with Osas, he's at the beach and would rather not be disturbed ...." He paused, listening to Fiona rant for a while, and continued "... I have no idea where Angela is, I will try and find her." his eyes on the couple.

Osas locked his fingers with Angela, staring admirably at the woman, he presumed to be the prettiest woman, alive. From her gorgeous smile to her improvised beach outfit of skinny jeans and chiffon shirt, she tied above her waist.

She probably never thought, there would be a beach walk, and giving Fiona had warned her to pack with caution, she really was carefully picking her clothes.

" ..... I'm serious, Angela. I'm really into you, but it all means nothing if you don't feel the same way. Do you love me ... enough?" He halted, holding her around her naked waist looking tensely at her.

"How could you even ask me that?" she blinked, longing in her eyes.

"You've said no to me more times than I've asked." he shoved flocks of her flying hair, behind her ears.

"You've never really asked, you just act mean, act nice, then get furious." Her soft voice made his heart skip. He thought for a while, he never really thought about it that way but she was right.

"I'm sorry, I was so impatient, I hated where you placed me."

"If it makes you feel any better, I hold you in high regards." She smiled sweetly, "You're the most intelligent, reputable person, I know." it became a crooked smile. She watched him break into a smile, "I often wondered why you chose me, giving the women in your life. From your infamous ex, to Fiona and that Cheta babe." They started moving again.

"I hate that you are my assistant." He chuckled.

"I thought we established I was Fiona's assistant."

He stopped again, this time, hauling her into his arms and smothering her a kiss.

"I want you to be mine." He gasped right after the kiss. "I need you to go home and break up with your musician boyfriend, can you do that?"

He watched every ounce of smile drain from her face. It made him scared, she would say no again, but he never looked away. He just kept staring, this time he would take it like a man.

She scanned his face thoughtful, forcing in a painful grin, almost like she wanted to cry. "I think it's time, I did the right thing." She paused, swallowing hard, and nodding vigorously. He watched her, confusedly, not sure if she just said yes to him, or speaking riddles.

"Yes Osas, I love you but I never really trusted you." she moistened her lips. "With everything that has happened, I hate that I never got to know you before I went back to him. You are bliss." Her smile broadened. "I'm lucky, you hold me in such high esteem."

So much speech for a YES.

Osas's mood eased, he equally smiled broadly with no idea how to feel, that much happiness forming inside of him. The doubt and fear were pretty much awake, but he had to fend them off.