Chapter Twelve

"Fiona"

Angela looked over, from her desk. In front of her office, stood Fiona, who currently was caught in an embrace with the new head of the accounting department, Mrs Bose, newly transferred from Port Harcourt.

Unlike Mr lawal, the former head of the department, she appeared meaner. Considering how imposing, she was. Having resumed 3days ago, she had held over 5 meetings already.

Not that it mattered to Angela, the entire meeting, she always got carried away staring at her dyed brunette low-trimmed haircut, which gave her distinctive look. She looked lovely for a woman her age.

They stood in front of Angela's office, laughing out their lungs while catching up on old gist. Fiona happened to know everyone, every old staff anyway.

Angela looked away one minute and the next minute, her colleague was jabbing her to look up. She saw Fiona through the glasses excitedly screaming Angela. Her voice was faint.

Angela beamed at the sight of her, watching her come through the door.

"This' your office?" she pushed in.

"Yea." She rose and Fiona hugged her. Angela could only imagine her colleagues' amazement that they were this close, considering how they often talked about Fiona like she was Beyoncé.

"I've really missed you."

"It's only been 3days."

Fiona tittered, gleefully waving at Kelvin, who wove back delightedly.

"I miss Joyce sitting there." she added flippantly, returning her gaze to Angela.

"I really wish we could move your office to the penthouse... That way I get to see you every day." she sat on her desk, friskily.

Angela knew that line was a joke.

Did she have limits? With her jokes?

"I miss you too, Fiona."

She pouted. "You know that lunch, we talked about. Today is our lucky day."

She checked her time. "It's not even 12, Fiona?"

"Who cares, come on!"

Angela made that face that meant a lot of trouble for her afterward.

"Okay fine, I'll talk to kelvin." she stood up, scrolling through her phone. "You've heard of black bel in lekki phase 1?"

Was she crazy? Driving all the way to lekki for lunch? In Lagos traffic!

"Nah." she added, not daring to speak her mind.

"They make the best jambalaya rice and asun."

"I thought 'the place' had that."

"Not anymore, this is new and great. Can you imagine, I finished a bowl of rice there?"

Angela nodded, frantically, imagining a tiny soup bowl of rice, which Fiona triumphantly exhausted.

"OK, come on!" she walked into Kelvin's office. "Hey kelvin, I'm stealing Angela for a couple of hours."

He widened his gaze in shock, currently out of what to say as it was obvious she wasn't asking his consent, merely informing him, more like it. Watching them both walk away proved him right.

"I was too lazy to drive myself to work, so I've got to order Uber." Fiona intoned as the elevator door closed after them.

"I drive." Angela waved her keys.

"Okay..." She rolled her eyes, not sure of what kind of Hyundai, she drove. "You sure you wonna drive? Uber seems like great option, if you ask me."