Chapter 40- ft on the low

Start from the beginning

I could see that his mouth was moving but I couldn't hear anything

"Umm hello." I check my phone to make sure the volume was up and it wasn't me not hearing him.

I end the call. That's the only time a person on the other end pay you any mind. When you hang up.

King starts to whine and I assure him that Dada was about to call back any moment.

To my liking, Khalil calls back. "Are you ready to talk now- King give it back." I stand up and run after King.

That little nuisance took my dang phone.

"King what you doing? Put the phone back on your mom." I can hear Khalil say. I'm sure he was confused because all he could probably see was the blurry screen of King running from me.

"This ain't tag boy don't make me have to chase you." I yell sternly.

I hear King talking baby gibberish to Khalil and stop at my bedroom door. I block the entrance so he can't get out.

"King you have 0 seconds to get your ass over here with my phone or I'm grabbing my belt." I say.

King knew I didn't play when it came to whooping him. He was at the age to where he's learning right from wrong, yes from no.

A little popping never killed me. And I think I turned out just fine.

I see his little feet scurrying to me from under the bed. "Boy how you under there so fast?" I ask.

Of course he didn't answer, but he handed the phone to me. He leaves back out into the living room with his toys.

"King you did me wrong. Why is my phone off." I say from my bedroom.

I call Khalil back again and he answers on the first ring.

"Can y'all stop ending these calls on me please?" He says once the ft call is connected.

"All I remember is you saying something about a belt and King said bye bye dada and hung up on me." He adds

I laugh. "That's your son being petty. When I wanted my phone back he ended the call, thinking i couldn't just simply call you back."

"Bruhhhhh." Khalil shakes his head busting into a fit of laughter. "We had a good talk though." He smiles.

"That's good."

"Yea."

"Soooo... I guess I'll talk to you later." I say awkwardly.

"Love you." He blurts.

I stare at the camera for a minute. Not knowing what to say.

Khalil taps on the camera. "Hollup this shitz done damn froze." He says imitating my favorite comedian DesiBanks.

"Boy you play to much." I grin trying to contain my happiness.

"I love you too." I say softly.

"We gotta talk face to face because we can't keep going out like this baby." He says in his deep fine baby-making voice. "I mean...I ain't tryna lose you."

I back away from the camera and touch myself because his voice by itself had me going on edge.

"London you there?" He asked.

"Y-Yea." I say, rubbing my flower through my lingerie.

I am interrupted by my orgasm when the sounds of a door being pushed down clouds my ears.

"You left out of the middle of cuddling to be on the phone with her?! Unbelievable." I hear someone's voice boom.

Can't be nobody but Nia.

Obviously caught up and embarrassed, Khalil desperately tries to get Nia out of the room.

"She's not even all that!" I hear her blurt.

"Get off her case Nia. Damn you do to much." He Shouts back.

I'm staring at the ceiling so I figured he laid the phone on the bed to take care of the problem.

I hear Nia say some other irrelevant shit but I wasn't the least bit irritated. Bitch just mad because I'm taking her man without even knowing it.

"Ughh, London you still there?" I hear as the phone shift back to his face.

"Yep." I say dryly.

"You straight? I handled Nia and-."

"I'm good." I say popping my knuckles. I'm just ready to get back to my son.

"But I still wanna talk. One on one."

The nerve of this boy.

"Seems like you have other things you need to talk about with other people." I say calmly.

"Oh and next time ya girl says some slick shit to you about me then you won't need to check her because I'll do it my damn self." I give the most innocent smile before hanging up

This time for good.