Chapter 18- Cake !

King

"So if you could just sign these papers sir everything will be squared away

"So if you could just sign these papers sir everything will be squared away." The lady said as she finished the final tour.

Alex trails behind, still in awe of such a big house. So was I.

So far I'm impressed. It's everything London and I want.

I take the papers out of the lady's hand and search for a pen. I turn to Alex to see if he had one.

Alex pats himself down and shakes his head. "I don't have one on me."

The lady chimes in. "Oh if you need a pen-."

Ding ding ding. Ding ding ding

I hold my index finger signaling for the lady to wait politely and check to see who was calling me.

Looking at the caller ID, I roll my eyes seeing that it was Jahari.

Alex looks over my shoulder and kisses his teeth. "Man he know we over here. He probably calling about something dumb."

Quickly ending the call, I turn my attention back to a lady who waved a pen in my face.

"Preciate ya." I said as I scribble my name on the needed areas. I pass the lady her papers.

"Thank you Mr. Hayes. I'm sure your family-."

Ding ding ding. Ding ding ding.

The lady seemed to be getting irritated and i sigh heavily as I check my phone seeing Jahari call.. again.

I decline it but right after I decline it I get a whole bunch of texts. I turn my phone on silent and stuff my it in my pocket.

Seeing that I was done taking care of business the lady continues.

"I'm sure you're family will love it." She says walking us back outside to our cars.

I look back towards Alex who was surprisingly glued to that phone with a worried look on his face. I decided to question him about it when we get in the car.

After saying goodbye, we get in the car, getting settled. Before I can even pull out the driveway Alex stops me.

"We're in trouble bro."

I turn to him with a scrunched up face. "What you mean trouble?"

"London and Vic suspecting something."

"How you know."

Alex hands me his phone. "Vic ain't texted me in like a month and the time she finally did, it's interrogating on our whereabouts. They think we doing something."

I look at the messages and lean back in the chair. "Like cheating or sum?"

Alex shrugs his shoulders. "Man I don't know."