1

"Annabella Johnson get out of my car right now." I sighed at the sound of Sophia's voice, rolling my eyes in the process.

"Sophia, its 7:45 which means it's way too early for you to be shouting orders already." Sophia was extremely loud and that was one thing I loved about her. We've been best friends since before I could remember and I wouldn't have it any other way. However, her screaming at me at 7:45am leads me to contemplate terminating our friendship.

I have two best friends -well two friends in total- and without them I don't think I could have survived high school. There was Sophia who was my ebony princess, she had the most beautiful dark creamy skin that shone so bright in the sun, plus she was able to rock a different hair style every week if she wanted to. Today she had black and grey braids that reached just above her amazing ass. Then there was Hailey, the blonde bombshell who could have anyone wrapped around her beautifully manicured little finger. The three of us together were all completely different and that is exactly why we made the best of friends.

"Where's Hailey meeting us, should we wait in the car until she gets here?" I needed any excuse not to go into school just yet. Today was the first day of our senior year and that meant a whole load of work I just couldn't bring myself to start. The three of us had an amazing summer so it seems unfair that school had to come and get in the way of it.

"She got a ride with Jack so we're meeting her before class, no more excuses lets go. You look amazing, I look amazing, we already know Hailey's going to look amazing so let's go have an amazing start to senior year." Sophia always knew how to give me a little pick me up, so how could I deny her request. "Okay then let's go do this, let's grab our schedules and meet Hailey."

With that we quickly walked to reception, grabbed our schedules and running to the ladies where Hailey was meeting us.

"Hello my beautiful best friends, are we ready for senior year?" Hailey screamed embracing us in a three way hug.

"Oh yes we are sister, you look cute!" I said as I looked at Hailey again, she had cut her long blonde hair into a cute pixie cut, which suited her even more than before and I never thought that was possible.

"Thanks babes and so do you, I was so tempted to dye my hair red like yours but I could never pull off that fiery goddess look." My red hair was my trademark that I go from my beautiful mother alongside my green eyes. Today I decided to give it a little bit of a curl and leave it down, which meant it reached right down my back.

After a little chatter and catch up about our weekends, Sophia asked that question we both knew she was itching to get out, "So Hailey, how is Jack this morning? If I knew we were going to have gym today I would've stuffed my bra." Hailey shot Sophia an annoyed look and I couldn't help but laugh.

Jack was Hailey's older brother and also our gym teacher. Jack has been the object of Sophia's affection since we were about 11 years old. I knew deep down that Jack -or Mr Wright as we have to call him at school- had a little crush on Sophia and I didn't blame him. But she's only 17, he's her gym teacher and she's his little sisters best friend, so nothing could ever happen. That however doesn't stop Sophia wearing PJ's that are just a little too risqué whenever we stay at Hailey's house.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't say that Soph and ignore you in the nicest way possible." Hailey hated whenever Sophia started gushing about her brother and I didn't blame her, if I had a brother I'm sure I'd be grossed out by it too. But I don't, so I can laugh as much as I like.

"Okay, sorry Hailey let's talk about how Annabella's gonna cope having Mr Maxwell for English every day for a whole year." 

Hailey's face quickly lit up at the change of subject and the two started making kissy faces at me. I had a crush on my teacher, haven't we all? Suddenly getting to class was the only thing on my mind, and that wasn't just because I had English first.

"Come on girls, let's just get to class." I said. 

Sophia shot me a look that read, -oh how you've changed your tune- but I was right so we all left and headed over to our English room. Thankfully I had most of my classes with at least one of my best friends so even though I complain, school wasn't that bad.

The three of us reached the room just before the bell and sat at the back of the class. No longer than a minute later Mr Maxwell came rushing through the door, looking flushed and handsome, apologising for keeping us waiting.

"That's okay Mr Maxwell, we don't mind waiting on you." Cindy one of the popular girls said attempting to be seductive which caused Sophia to start making gagging noises to me and Hailey. We laughed quietly amongst ourselves but that didn't go un-noticed by Mr Maxwell.

 "Something funny Ms Johnson?" Shit. I forgot how cute it was when he said my name, my stomach flipped as soon as he spoke. "No Mr Maxwell, sorry."

"Okay then, let's start with our first lesson of the day, but before I do that, let's do a little seat swap, Annabella come and sit here up the front, I don't need another year of the three of you gossiping at the back." My mouth dropped open, another year gossiping, is he joking? I literally sit at the back and ignore Sophia and Hailey's attempts to distract me since I'm always so engrossed in what he's saying.

"Any day today Annabella would be nice." With that I grabbed my things and quickly moved to the empty desk at the front giving my friends one last look. As soon as I sat down I realised this may not be such a bad idea at all. Getting closer to the sexy Italian Stallion was definitely something to be thankful for.

The rest of the lesson went too quickly for my liking and before I knew it, it was the end of the school day. The day was uneventful, Sophia flirted with Jack a little too much in gym, much to the grimace of Hailey. Hailey had cheer practice after school and Sophia had dance which meant, that I had to walk home. Usually I wouldn't mind the fresh air but the rain sucked the enjoyment right out of it.

I was around 2 blocks away from school, soaked through to the core when Mr Maxwell stopped his car right by me. "Anna, jump in quickly, I'll drive you home." I hesitated for a second, "Come on, I really wouldn't feel right if you caught your death out here." He didn't need to ask me a third time I quickly jumped in, gave him my address and thanked him for the ride.

We rode in silence for a few moments before he spoke "So anyway, I'm sorry for being an ass in class today, I just think you'd benefit from sitting up front for your senior year." I looked at him then and gave him a slight smile, "Don't worry about it, I don't mind, although I don't know if Soph and Hailey will be able to cope without me." I said lightly. "Yeah, you and your friends are quite close aren't you."

I hummed a response not really knowing what to say, I didn't want to embarrass myself. 

He looked at me for a second before he spoke "Right, so here we are, is this your place?" I looked outside and was shocked to see we were already at my house. "Thanks for the ride Mr Maxwell, I appreciate it." 

"No problem at all Annabella, my pleasure" and with that he drove off.

What a wonderful end to the school day. I was quite tired since it was the first say back so I quickly caught my Mom up on my day, mentioning Sophia's flirting with Jack but failing to mention my ride home. I soon found myself in bed falling into a deep slumber.