42. All My Fault

Start bij het begin

Fuck. My girl, I put her through all of this. Hearing that she's as broken as I am breaks my heart even more. How could I put the woman I'm completely in love with through all of this. I need to fix all of this. I'm going to need help though. She's not going to want to see me let alone listen to me.

I sigh knowing I should tell him. He's right about everything and he is my best friend.

"You have to promise to not say a word to anyone. Even Chels. Got it?" I stare at him keeping my face stern so he knows I'm not joking around. This is serious, Taylor can't hear me talking about anything.

"You know I won't say a word." I can tell he's serious which helps me relax slightly.

"It's all for Ev's safety. All of this is for Ev. I know it doesn't look like it. I know it looks like I just broke up with her then just got back with Taylor but I had to. I had no other choice."

"No other choice? What do you mean?"

I lean closer towards him so no one around us can hear the information I'm about to spill. I begin telling him what happened before him and the rest of Ev's family showed up for thanksgiving and how she was upset with me.

"I didn't even realize why she was so upset with me until some texts came across my phone and that's when it all went down hill."

"At first I had no idea who it was. I was sitting on the couch with my brother while the girls were cleaning up the kitchen. I finally pulled out my phone and see this text saying they missed me and how I shouldn't have my girlfriend going answering my phone for me or whatever. I was so confused. But what confused me the most was the next text they sent."

Just thinking about it makes me angrier. I should've done something then but I didn't.

"What did they send? Did they tell you who they were? I'm so confused right now." Wyatt fires his questions at me. The creases between his dark eyebrows furrow more as he tries to figure it out.

"Taylor told me that if I didn't end things with Everly she wouldn't be safe and she'd release photos to the press the next morning. At first I thought she was full of it. I thought she clearly had lost her mind and was trying to get back into my life. Before I could even question her she sent me the photos." I clench my jaw and breath slowly out my nose to calm myself.

"What photos? Like some leaked nudes Ev sent to you or something? What were they?"

"I'm not sure who the fuck took them but they were of Ev alone at random stores or just driving, Ev and I at different places, her and Avery, even some of her and Chelsea." Wyatt immediately stiffened hearing Chelsea's name. I can see him getting angry but wanting to listen to what else I was about to tell him.

"But the ones that caught me completely off guard were the ones of Ev and I sleeping in our bed. We were both asleep and there's no chance either of us could take those photos. That's how I knew Ev's safety was endangered and I had to do whatever I could. I could careless about me but seeing those photos of my girl sleeping in my arms while someone was in our home watching us makes me furious and helpless. I didn't protect her then but I had to do whatever Taylor said. I couldn't chance it." I hang my head down feeling ashamed. I've had this on my mind since it happened. I didn't protect her like I should've and now I lost everything.

"I get where you're coming from. I do but have you told anyone? Why haven't you told the authorities yet? This is some deep shit and you shouldn't be trying to fix it on your own. What Taylor is doing is in no way legal. Her ass should be fired and in jail with all the charges you can pressed up her ass. She fucking blackmailing you into a relationship with her, who does that? Who sneaks into someone's house and takes photos of them? Did she even tell you who took them? Was it her in your house?" Everything he's saying I've repeated over and over in my head. I have no answers for any of them and that makes me even angrier.