Chapter 8

When Stacie and Aubrey pulled into the restaurant, Stacie could feel her nerves kicking in harder than they ever have before. What am I doing? This wasn't even supposed to be a real date and now I'm getting all flustered over this girl? Get it together Stacie.

"Is everything okay? You look like someone kicked your puppy," Aubrey smirked. She could see something was definitely on Stacie's mind which made her feel nervous, because she wasn't sure what.

"Yeah I'm fine sorry." Stacie maneuvered her body so that she was facing Aubrey. "It's just…" Stacie looked down at her hands that were currently fidgeting with each other.

"It's okay Stacie; you can tell me whatever's on your mind." Aubrey rested her hand on the brunette's knee, which sent Stacie's head spinning. Stacie sucked back a deep breath, exhaling, attempting to push out all her nerves.

"I really like you, and I haven't been on a date since my first girlfriend three years back," Stacie frowned. "I'm just nervous is all; I don't want to make a fool out of myself…" She paused before laughing at her own words. "Sort of like how I am now," she shook her head.

"Well I have to say then…" Aubrey grabbed Stacie's hand and smiled. "You're definitely giving yourself adorable points which are a bonus, so you have nothing to worry about. Trust me."

"Dammit, I'm not supposed to be adorable. What are you turning me into?" Stacie scrunched her face as she let a tiny giggle out.

"Well good news for you." Aubrey undid her seatbelt, opened her car door and looked back at Stacie. "I like you anyway you are, shy or badass." She got out of the car and slammed the door behind her.

Stacie sat in the car and let the blonde's words sink in. How could a girl like Aubrey fall for a girl like her? A sarcastic and sexual asshole like she was. One thing was for sure. Maybe it didn't make sense to her, or to anyone else for that matter but something about Aubrey made Stacie want to be different. Something about her made her want to try and be a better person.

x-x-x-x-x-x

Chloe was in her room lying on her bed. Thoughts about Beca were clouding her mind. She wanted so badly to go and make everything right with her, but she knew it wasn't the time yet. Her thoughts were disrupted when her phone vibrated on her bed beside her. She picked up it up and saw she had one new message from Amy.

Hey bitches, just wanted to send out a mass text message and let everyone know I am having a party at my beach house this weekend. Text me for directions, it should be an amazing time!

Chloe's eyes scrolled through the message. Was a party a really good idea with everything going on right now? College was already swamping her with homework but to top it off, she and Beca weren't doing so great and her main focus at that moment was fixing that. Before she could type back a reply another text message came through.

Before you even ask, Yes Chloe, Beca will be there.

Chloe got a funny feeling in her stomach when she read that Beca was going to the party. She felt relieved when she realized she would have Beca in the same house as her all weekend. Maybe this was the universes way of helping her? Maybe she would be able to fix everything she had broken with the brunette?

Chloe looked beside her and frowned when her eyes met with a photo frame that contained a photo of Beca, Stacie and her. Chloe stood in the middle with her arms around both girls, all three of them smiling, drinks in hand and looking happier than ever.