A purple clad person stepped in front of him, back turned towards Severance. It was Legacy. The player stood in stoic silence, flakes of snow building up around his arms in dizzying twisters as he readied another icy skill. Legacy didn't seem to notice that his own health was also flashing red, still having been untouched since being revived.

Legacy was, Severance realized with no small amount of guilt, fully prepared to throw himself at the Chosen even if it meant he'd just die again. That left a bitter taste in his mouth.

With trembling hands, Severance gripped his war fans. He whispered, "Mend."

It wasn't enough. Some of Legacy's health returned, but another hit from a Chosen could still demolish him.

The ground began to solidify beneath him, so Severance hurriedly stepped out of the mud puddle. Cracks splintered across the ice covering the Chosen, before it burst apart into thousands of ice crystals.

"Mend," he said again, and another chunk of Legacy's health returned. The three Chosen turned to Legacy. He fell in seconds.

A lump in his throat, Severance watched numbly as the Chosen looked his way. They seemed to grin at him. I can't do this. They just keep coming. Legacy keeps dying, and—

Black rushed past him, so close the breeze brushed past his skin. Wellon sliced one Chosen after another, gathering their attention even as the huge Captain thumped after him.

Jeffrey snickered gleefully, and a sickly yellow light spun off his staff and rocketed towards the Captain. It curled around the Captain, and in an instant, the Boss's health returned to full. All damage they had done had been erased, just like that.

Severance wavered. Red flashed in the party list, along with orange. He didn't look to see who it was. He was too busy focusing on the Captain.

It had taken them so long to get this far. And now they had to start over from the beginning?

"We need more dps on the boss," Dappppp called out. He'd finished off his Chosen, but he barely had any health left. His was the one flashing red. He left Wertwert with the last one and jogged over to help Wellon out.

Severance stared at them both, not understanding how calm they could be. This fight wasn't working. This dungeon wasn't working. It was nothing short of a train wreck!

Wellon ducked beneath the Captain's heavy swing, then dashed between two Chosen. He spun past their blades with an easy grace and cut into them from behind. One fell. Then he glanced up, eyes narrowing at Severance.

"Sev," he snapped. "Heal!"

Severance jerked as if slapped, shame flooding him. What was he thinking? None of the others had given up. He couldn't afford to do so, either. Even if they still failed to defeat the Captain, he had to at least try.

He stretched out his hand, focusing on his teammates. "Radiant Dome." The large bubble unfolded over them, a faint green wind circling within.

It wasn't enough. Too much orange all across the board. So Severance focused on one team mate at a time. "Mend."

One of the names in the party list finally turned green. But there was still more that needed healing. And Legacy was dead. He stared at the party list, not sure where he should focus first. Even as he watched, Dappppp and Wellon's health constantly lost chunks as if they'd sprung a leak. How could he fix that?

"Get Legacy!" Dappppp shouted. "Hurry, before more Chosen come!"

Right. Severance looked over to the purple puddle on the ground. He could do that.