Tea Time and Family Photos

Zacznij od początku

"I would love that. Thank you." Harold says.

We sit in comfortable silence for a while before Harold claps his hands together.

"Well look at the time. I think it's time you two get going before the wolves come out. It was quite nice to see you dear. Do keep in touch. Try to write letters of you can. I'm not into that technology stuff yet." Harold says writing something on a pad of paper.

He rips the paper and hands it to me. His address is written in careful handwriting with a smiley face on it. I smile and say a quiet thank you to him. Soon, were sent on our way back to the rental with extra water bottles and a scone recipe.

"Thanks for coming with me." I say

"Your welcome. You know I couldn't just leave you out on this highway by yourself." Dakota says

I smile because he's right. I drag Dakota away from the headlights of a passing truck. I'm thrown into a daze. I'm reminded of when I was almost hit by the RV. I curl into my self and collapse on the ground, gasping for air. This hasn't happened in a while. I haven't had a panic attack in a long time. I can keep it that way if I can control...

"Faith? It's okay I'm here. I'm here." Dakota coos to me.

I relax at the vibrations in his chest. The vibrations that always soothe me.

"The truck..." I start

"I know. It's okay. It's just a little flashback. You're okay." Dakota says.

He helps me up off the ground and into the rental. He kisses my nose and buckles me in.

~~~~

*back in Vegas with Zak*

I open the front door slowly. Dakota has dropped me off so he could go see his friends in the new house they were buying. I was okay with it though because we needed to spend time with family just as much as we needed to spend time with each other.

I hear Zak's heavy metal playing loudly in the kitchen. Gracie books it down the stairs and starts to bark but the music is too loud for Zak to hear.

I drop my things in the foyer and close the door behind me. I tip toe to the kitchen with my phone out as I record Zak dancing in front of the counter.

The song changes to some mainstream pop song and Zak starts belting the lyrics at the top of his lungs. He's currently making dinner. I walk to the island and when he turns around, he screams. Zak drops the tongs in his hand and stumbles backwards. I laugh as I get the entire scene on video.

After posting the video, I hug Zak tightly.

"God, I missed you." Zak says into my hair.

"I missed you more." I say into this chest.

"Okay, so why don't you go put all your things in the laundry room and freshen up. Dinner is almost ready." Zak says

"Oki doki!" I say skipping away.

I rush up the stairs and into my room with my luggage. Snatching some clean clothes off the bed, I hurry to hop into the shower. I allow myself 15 minutes for my shower. Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and face wash. After I shave, I use my body wash again. I turn off the water and wring out my long nappy hair. As I brush my hair out, I notice the little pink box on the counter.

The pregnancy test..... should I take it?

I change into some grey sweatpants that barely fit around my waist, even with the string pulled tight, and a hoodie. I wrap my hair up into a towel and then skip back downstairs where dinner is waiting for me.

"I saw the test on the counter." I say sitting at the island.

"Oh yeah. I would like you to take it before you go to bed. Please." Zak says

"Only because I did break my promise." I say as he sets a plate of food in front of me.

"It was your choice. You're old enough to make your own decisions, but I want you to be safe and understand the dangers." Zak said

"I understand." I say.

"Good. Now eat up. You must be starving."

————————

HAHAHAHAHHA I haven't updated in three days. I've been busy because school is starting soon and my ADHD is keeping me from doing anything and I have too many thoughts going on in my lil noggin I don't know what to do with them and it sucks lmao

Okay thanks for enjoying the rant. I hope you liked this chapter I promise something really really interesting is about to happen. Like, soon. Okay.

Zak just forgot about the conversation he was supposed to have with faith so just go along with it :)
Byyyyyeeeee

~ C