Prophecies

*CRASH!*

"Ahh fuck!"   

Sam and Raymond both swore and slammed into the small ledge beneath the cliff, much harder than before because the branches that broke most of their fall last time were broken already from the previous decent down. Luckily there were still enough branches and roots from the shrub-like tree to save them from flinging over the ledge from their momentum. In fact, it almost seemed like there were more than before.

Raymond put a hand on his head. "Ah fuck man I think I smacked my head on a thick branch on the way down, but I'm not sure." He started to rub his temples to confirm that, yes, he did smack his head on the branch pretty hard as he felt a stinging sensation and his fingertips came back with blood on them.  Raymond started to re-adjust himself to be more comfortable when he heard a moan come from Sam. In that moment Raymond knew Sam got the brunt of the fall and he was the lucky one. He looked over to Sam and gasped with worry. "Oh man! This is bad, can you feel your leg bro? Don't move or you might make it worse!" 

Sam's leg was bent in the wrong direction by the knee AND the ankle. Raymond thought Sam's leg was fucked. He slowly moved Sam to a better position against the cliff side as he inspected the wound. 

"I wish I couldn't feel my damn leg but yeah it feels like someones putting a fucking torch to it!" Sam started to look towards his leg. "Wait Sam I don't think you should.." 

It was too late. Sam looked over at his leg, stared at it for a good five seconds, then looked back at Raymond and said, " Hah... just like a zig-zag..." in a delusional tone and passed out soon after with a joking smirk.

This. Is. Bad. 

Raymond sat there in a stirring, headache-filled haze as he finally had some time to contemplate their situation. 

How was this all real? How does it go from a normal school day to a nightmare with no way to wake up? My family, friends, and loved-ones.. The government... The residents... None of this makes any sense at all! 

Raymond felt a tear fall down his cheek. It was about time he felt some emotion, all of these events were just coming too fast for him to properly react to them. He was pretty positive that Sam was probably feeling the same way too. They were both just Freshmen in high school, not some random soldier ready for shit to hit the fan at any moment. He wanted to think he was insane but Sam was his reassurance that kept him grounded to reality, Sam was going through this too so it can't be just a hallucination or a dream. Right?

Everything will be okay Raymond all you need to do is dig...

Raymond's eyes widened as he started to look around the ledge for the voice. He could've sworn that something whispered into his ear just a moment ago. A strange monotone female voice.. He started to think he might have hit his head a little too hard on the tumble down when he heard the voice again. This time right next to him.

Everything will be explained in time. You need to rest.

"Okay who's fucking with me this really isn't the time or place for games!" Raymond exclaimed, his head furiously looking over his surroundings. There really wasn't any place for someone else to hide unless there was a woman hanging off the cliff side trying to talk to him, which there definitely was not. Sam was still passed out too so he was out of the question.

Now i'm hearing voices...  I am  definitely going insane...

Overwhelmed by these racing thoughts, Raymond slowly fell into haze as his mind pondered the fact that he might really be crazy. As he slipped into unconsciousness he could have sworn he saw a branch twitch.