Bonus Chapter

Here is a bonus chapter as I've promised. I know you miss Zahrah and Adam I miss them too that's why I decided to write the bonus chap.

Enjoy!

Zahrah rose from the bed feeling a little bit exhausted. Squinting from the morning sun piercing through the window pane, she glanced at the clock hung on the wall of the room, it read 7:30. She yawned and covers her mouth with the back of her palm, before peeking at the sleeping Adam beside her. She wished she can sleep more,  but unfortunately they have to go to the office before 8:30.

Zahrah had gotten a space in Adam's company. She was employed as the company's lawyer by Abba who offered that position to her willingly and yieldingly. So, every morning, they do go to the office together with her husband and come back together.

She quickly got up and walked to the bathroom and had a hot shower.

Putting on a simple armless skimpy dress, she made her way downstairs to the kitchen. She decided to prepare a simple breakfast for she and Adam as they're already getting late.

As she was arranging the breakfast table, Adam came down the stairs. Zahrah glanced briefly at him and smiled.

Adam walked quickly towards her. He circled her waist from behind her cuddly before planting a kiss on her cheek. "You didn't wake me up." He whispered into her ears, his grasp still on her waist tautly.

Zahrah winced. She snapped out of the shudder Adam had momentarily put her in and turned to look up at him. "I want you to have more sleep before I'm done with breakfast."

"You know how Abba is, if I'm ten minutes late he'll have something to talk about throughout the day. Yours is better because you're his favorite. No scolding for you."

Zahrah smiled heartedly. Abba seems to favor her more than he does to his only son. Even if she's at fault, he'll make sure Adam shoulders her responsibility and heaved the weight of her folly. It amazes her wondrously how he seemed not to care about Adam, but with her, all complaint are welcomed. The preference Abba gave to her had put Adam at ease too. He rather take the brunt and let his wife have the space. It will pain him more if zahrah is to go through Abba's hell, for he don't think he can stand it. That's why when Abba proposed he wants zahrah to be their company lawyer, Adam once objected, until zahrah herself assured him that everything is gonna be alright. So here they are; the Abbas favourite and Abba's most scolded.

Once when Abba had that she was sick, he left everything he was doing and visited her at that instance.

Adam scrunched up his lips adorably like a pout as he stared at her, mind-reading her thought. "Are you thinking of me?" He bent closer to her face and planted a kiss on her lips. That took Xahrah by surprise as she wasn't expecting it.

"Woww!" Zahrah drawled in a light dulcet voice, smiling goofily as her gaze bored into him. "My husband is so handsome." she quipped amusingly.

"Yeah, you're so lucky to have me." Adam smiled as well.

"Someone is bragging now." She pinched his noise slightly.

"Hey, I'll get you." He held her tightly as she struggled to be set free.

"Mr. Romeo, we're getting late, I don't want to fall into Abba's trap."

"Because you know you're liberated from that."

Zahrah wriggled free and scurried to change into an outfit fit to go to the office.

°°°°°~

When she was done with her paper work in their office, she decided to visit Adam in his office, as their offices are on the same floor, the MD's and the company's lawyer.