Chapter 42

Zahrah kicked her legs into her sister's room and slumped tiredly on  her sister's bed with a loud yawn. She just got back from school and decided to see her sister first before going to her room. Her final exams is commencing in two weeks coming.

With a sigh, Mami said, "You're back already thank goodness. I've been waiting for you for like ages it seems you don't want to come home today."

"What for? We had group reading that's why I decided to hang around. And why do you need me so urgently?"

"I told you earlier we'll begin your wedding shopping today. You are leaving here after two weeks so I want us to buy everything before you leave."

"Goodness!" Zahrah sighed heavily. "I think someone needs to be reminding me every minute." she sometimes do forget about her own wedding. She doesn't want to prioritize that for now, atleast after her exams. School stress is enough for now not to add wedding plan to it.

"Make haste and get ready, is after four already."

"You don't mean it?" Zahrah put up and fixed a glare at her sister. "Seriously I can't go anywhere today, you don't know how tired I am. If you want me to collapse on the road then here we go."

"Are you telling me you are not going today? Girl, time is not by our side."

"Mrs impetuous we have two months all to our selves before the wedding, and wait, why can't we buy them there in kaduna. Sure you are not going to load me with those stuffs to kaduna."

"You seriously know how to upset someone Zahrah. Who told ou I will load it on you? We'll keep them here when I'm going I'll go with them. You're not even enthusiastic about your wedding. Be honest with me did you really want to get married?"  her sister casted an annoying gaze at her.

Zahrah discerned if she keep on arguing, her sister will surely come up to something else which her act will conduce to, so she gave up. "Ok, ok, fine, we'll go shopping now, are you happy with that?" she threw her hands on air and clasped them together in defect.

**

"We've been going from shop to shop without buying anything, I'm exhausted already." Zahrah complained to her sister in the middle of the market as they kept wandering around.

"We just got here, I see no reason why you should get tired. Afterall we have alot to buy."

"I think we'll end up sleeping in the market." Zahrah murmured dragging herself exhaustedly.

They went into a very big shop with the name 'Dakin amarya' written on top . Her sister started prizing for electronics.

"Mami  could you please stop prizing, just give them the money let's get out of here. I'm perspiring already, this market is too hot."

"Amarya sit down here let me get standing fan for you from inside the shop." the shop owner said directing Zahrah to a particular seat. He went to the innermost of building and brought a small standing fan which he fixed into a socket close to Zahrah.

Zahrah smiled and thanked him.

Mami kept pricing from one equipment to another until she had gathered heaps of electronics and kitchen utensils. Mami paid for the equipment and they headed to another shop.

After rummaging in the market from corner to corner, they finally came to a halt where mami parked her car. They both loaded everything into the and took off.

Zahrah sighed. "What a hectic day!"

"We still have days of shopping so get use to it."

"Are you planning to buy the whole market?"