Chapter 36

The mellow winter breeze blew in a chilly way, engulfing the shade of tenacious sunrise which pierce down the horizon. The scream and howling of the breeze pierced through the quietness of the atmosphere with scarcely a good moment of stillness honored to the serene moment.

Aysha writhed from her bed and yawned. Adam had left early that morning to the office after assuring her he will check on her at the later part of the day.

She sat upright and crinkled the warm blanket Adam had covered her with to her neck.

She stayed like that for some couple of moments then finally resolve to take shower.

She dashed to the bathroom and took a simple shower. She clad on a simple gown and laid back to the bed.

"Assalamu alaikum." Adam uttered and entered the room. "You are up already?"

"Yeah." she smiled.

Adam went and sat at the edge of the bed close to her and placed a kiss on her forehead. "How are you feeling now?"

"Splendid!" She answered and coyed.

"Omar is here to see you. We are coming from the office, I wanted to come and check on you so he told me to wait for him in the office. He doesn't know that you got admitted and was angry with me for not telling him." Adam stated.

"I'm coming let me change." she lept up from the bed and went to her closet. She took out a long abaya and donned on the gown she was wearing. She covered her head with a veil.

"Let's go before he gets tired of waiting." She said as she looked towards Adam.

"Lift me up then." Adam said. He was sitting down with no intention of getting up.

"Where should I get that strength from?" Her face held an amused glare.

He smiled and got up.

The made their way to the sitting room.

Aysha greeted Omar with a wide grin which flourished her face radiantly. She sat on the sofa close to Adam.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come to the hospital." Omar apologised. "This your noxious husband didn't inform me on time, he just told me yesterday night that you were discharged already. I don't even know what to do to him." Omar glared at Adam.

"You don't need to worry." Aysha assured him. "Alhamdulillah I feel better now." She smiled and laced her fingers together.

"You that you're scarcely in town now." Adam defended himself.  "You are a big man Omar. I heard that you are into one huge business now."

"What do you expect, I shouldn't just watch people striving to earn their halal while I'm doing nothing. You know I'm not the lazy type right. Is just six month to my wedding now I've to look for money. You don't expect me to sit and wait for my father to do everything for me."

"Really!" Adam said eyes wide open with excitement. "You don't mean it. You mean you are getting married in six month and you are just telling me your best friend?" There, Adam's face flushed with annoyance.

"Did you give a shit about me. You've been shunning me since after your wedding. I'm not to be blamed." Omar spoke in slight irritation.

"Forget all that pass Omar. Now who are you getting married to?" Adam peered at him inquisitively, eager for his answer.

"Who else, Zahrah of course." Omar eyes glinted with pleasure.

"You mean Zahrah my friend?" Aysha exclaimed in utter amazement. Her eyes bloomed with delightness. "Incredulous. She never tell me, not even a hint. That prawn, she will get it from me."