"Go, Melanie. You can't stand me, right?"

That was rude, but I still spun and fled the room, holding back my tears.

I can't forgive him. I can't forgive him. I can't be with him.

~•°•~

"How are you doing big guy?"
One of the doctors who operated on TJ said as he stepped into the ward.

I smiled up at him as he greeted me. I was still feeling a bit moody and confused. . .Yeah, confused is the word for what happened between Derrick and I the other night. It's been three days since that night and I still feel like it happened last night.

Why do I have to feel like this?

Derrick came to see TJ the next day after that night and didn't act like we had just argued. I didn't expect him to feel bad about anything but he seemed rather calm.

TJ smiled . "I want to go home already."
He said to the doctor whom had somehow developed a bond with TJ. Call my son the kind of kid who loves to make friends with people older than him. Yeah, that's him.

The doctor, who seemed to be in his late thirties laughed and shook his head. "A few more days, okay?"

"Days?!"
TJ said and groaned. "I'm tired!"

The doctor laughed again and turned to me.

"He has been making fusses about going home. I think you should do something about it before he tears this place down."
I said and laughed.

"He can do that?" The doctor said.

I laughed and shook my head. He seemed friendly. Actually the only reason I talk to him is because TJ felt okay around him.
"Figuratively."

"Okay, uh. . .We are  still checking okay? When the stitches are out, you will be gone from here like a speed of light. I'm sure you will love that."

TJ nodded and grinned.

"Okay. Now, let's see if there's any improvement that could hasten your discharge." He said and moved to stand in between I and TJ's bed, making me lose my balance and almost sliding to the floor.

Strong hands held me in place and thank God there was a chair behind me. The doctor steadied me and made me sit. I looked up at his facing mirroring his impressed expression at his heroic action and blushed in embarrassment.

"Thank you. I'm really sorry, I. . ."

"No, its fine. I'm the one who's sorry. It was my eagerness to send this dude back home. He has made enough fuss."
He joked.

I laughed and nodded. "I appreciate."

He nodded and turned back to TJ, opened his hospital uniform and looked for a while. "Do you have any complaints this morning?"

TJ shook his head.

The doctor nodded.

"Oh, yes. I had pain last night. I couldn't sleep well, the nurse gave me an injection and I was able to sleep. It was too much."

"What kind of pain? Where?"

"Around that area."
TJ pointed at his incision.

The doctor nodded. "Okay. The usual pain?"

My son nodded.

"Okay. It's normal. Um. . . has the nurse changed the dressing this morning?"

I shook my head because he glanced at me. He nodded. "Okay, I'll send a nurse to change it okay?"