Resentment

I trailed behind the raven-haired prince silently for the rest of the way but he didn't seem to care, not that I would expect him to anyway. He seemed so far as cold as others had rumoured about. I was not one to immediately judge but it was near impossible not to in this circumstance, he hadn't even used my name to address me, or Thyra for that matter!

I felt beneath him but not maid level beneath him, I felt like dirt under his stupid boot. I inhaled deeply holding the breath for a few seconds as we walked before slowly exhaling through my nose. It helped me to relax and calm down before I got too heated and frustrated I know I just needed to get used to-

"Would you be so kind as of to not breathe like a vitskertr" (short-wit)

My eyes narrowed and I pursed my lips keeping wordless until we approached the door.  This god will be the death of me, or I'll be the death of him because my hands will close around his stupid neck!

...

Suddenly walking through the corridors seemed much better than now. 

The entire hall was alive with people I could recognise warriors with their armour and weaponry, those of high status and rank. Even the legendary Lady Sif was seated amongst others on the long slender table that spanned across the entire room. The lighting was warm and the smell of fresh roast, slices of bread and meats flourished around us all. I had to take my post against the back wall with the rest of the maids and servants tending to everyone. 

I silently watched Loki stride over to take a seat as Thor came thundering in shortly afterwards. His maid whom I recognised from earlier took her post next to me. I shuffled to make some room for her and she threw me a smile but somehow it felt unwelcoming. I stayed vigilant. 

Servants from other quarters poured in and displayed meal after meal, another coming around and pouring drinks. I questioned internally what was the point of me being here but my ears perked at the sound of chatter than involved me,

"Is that your maid over there Loki? she is rather ravishing" The blonde I knew to be Frandal leaned close to the raven-haired god I was serving under to say. Only for Frandal's eyes to catch mine and a wink to be sent my way.

I fought off the compelling urge to gag.

"Far from it." Loki responded blankly to him and my jaw ticked, don't go too overboard with being nice or anything.  Its not that I wanted him to praise me or anything but to completely dismiss my attractiveness was- 

"I think she is rather pretty Loki-" This time it was Thor who chipped in which stopped my internal rant "-she's not my type but she could be yours" Lokis brow pinched and he lurched forward as Thor let out a bellowing laugh slamming a hand to his back in a friendly gesture. 

"Get over yourself you brute, a maid is of the lowest class and I have no interest in women especially such unattractive ones"

I couldn't help but glare daggers at him now.

"that or no women have interest in you" Frandal flicked back and got a cold gaze from Loki, the blonde smirked before returning to his meal. I half heartedly wanted to shake Frandal's hand in appreciation it was like he answered my internal frustration and sent it directly back to the infuriating god.