t w e n t y - s e v e n

Sunday was a rainy day.

Seungmin looked out the window to see the trailing raindrops, betting on the winner of the race. Felix and Jisung were passed out, hangover, as expected of the two; the junior was also there - Jeongin was his name, Seungmin remembered - fast asleep on the couch, hugging a throw pillow. Neither of the three knew what went down last night. That's good, though. He did not need two bees constantly buzzing around him.

His phone pinged. He looked down to it, notifications flashing, alarmed for a second that maybe it was from Ryujin but it was from Changbin.

seo disgusting
i heard,,,,

seungminmin
yeah, cause youre not deaf

seungminmin
whats up

seo disgusting
someone got a date laterr

Seungmin's face heat up. Was it a date? No, couldn't be. They were just going to meet up and talk about how the week was one of the layers of actual hell. Yeah. Talk. Talk and forget that one time where he indirectly confessed to the guy - why the hell did he confess? He groaned and thumped his head against the window.

seungminmin
its not a date, fyi

seo disgusting
is that so?

seo disgusting
then why the hell is hyunjin smiling like some crazed love addict?

seungminmin
because ryujins not going to bother him anymore?

seo disgusting
psHAW

seo disgusting
stop lying to yourself satan

seo disgusting
you better be getting ready, it's already quarter to 1

It was, indeed, quarter to one. And he was still in his Ouran High School t-shirt and shorts, and though it was very comfortable, it was not suitable for long talks with his crush.

"God."

seungminmin
right. talk to you later gremlin

His phone pinged several times after he locked it but he ignored it and went up to the dresser and choose his best casual clothes instead. In the end, his best clothes was a worn out Coca-Cola shirt and jeans, the rest were either shitty or was stained by something unknown - he would have gotten Jisung's clothes, but if he did without permission Jisung would have his head. He needed his head to talk to Hyunjin. Hyunjin.

He could still not believe that they were okay then, that he could kiss and cuddle and laugh and just be with Hyunjin. Well, that was if Hyunjin reciprocated his feelings. Despite himself, he could imagine the feeling of rejection, the look and sound of rejection - it was a furrow of brows, a downward frown, and the narrowness of the voice. It was the avoidance of eyes, it was the fidgeting of fingers, it was one of Seungmin's fears. Rejection was a bat to the stomach in the most unexpected moment.

What if Hyunjin rejects him?

Fuck.

Those thoughts clouded his mind as he exited the dorm and opened an umbrella, though he tried his best to swat them away. Hyunjin would not. Hyunjin is not that cruel. To play with his feelings and lead him into believing . . . believing that there was something between them. Oh, god. What if he was just seeing things too deeply? What if those stares were just stares? What if those touches were just touches? What if those cheesy words were just that?

His mind was tilting as he turned around, pleasantly surprised that his legs brought him to the park on their own, sensing that his brain was out of sorts and was not in the state to go thinking. The umbrella was slightly shaking with each fallen droplet, and only then did he realised how cold it was with his bare arms in the rain. He shivered. Running footsteps on puddles woke him up from his nightmarish stupor.

"Seungmin!"

It was a lovely voice, he thought as he turned around to face Hyunjin. There was a smile on his face despite his face drizzled with water - the idiot was not carrying an umbrella.

"What the heck dude!" He pulled Hyunjin under the shade of his umbrella but regretted it soon after once he felt the coolness and dampness of Hyunjin. The other looked startled, his breath audibly catching in his throat. "It's raining, and it's cold, and you're out here running without an umbrella like the idiot you are,"

"I am an idiot." Hyunjin nodded.

Seungmin slapped the back of Hyunjin's head, his lips turning into a grin before he could stop it. This boy was killing him.

"Dumbass."

Hyunjin let out an agreeing yup, his face alight despite that he was drenched and cramped under an umbrella. It seemed like forever underneath the pouring clouds, his eyes were unable to unglue themselves from Hyunjin's and his heart was pounding nonstop that his vision was starting to throb along. Hyunjin's hair was stuck to his forehead, loudly urging Seungmin to fix it, and the other's little pants and red cheeks made him go mad. He wanted to yell at him, at the whole world that this was the person who made him shrivel and grow, that made him ripe and rotten, that this was the boy that had the string of his heart and he hoped that he would knot it to his. Words forced their way to his throat like bricks building up inside him. Hyunjin looked the same. They let silence consume them, they were a pair of cowards after all.

"Ah," Seungmin started, not bearing the silence. "So . . ."

Hyunjin waited for him patiently, expecting him to say something, but Seungmin did not know what to say. Ayo, wanna be my boyfriend since your ex actually likes me so now you got nothing to worry about? When he his mouth did not move, Hyunjin chuckled, his hands going up to his nape to rest there - and damn, even if he looked like he was pushed into a pool, he looked like a model. Seungmin wanted to punch himself.

Hyunjin's lips curved into a perfect smile, his eyes were shining as the sun pushed through the grey clouds, it were stars in the afternoon that cleared Seungmin's head from his doubts. He knew those eyes. He saw them in mirrors, in pictures - he knew what was in them, the furling emotions behind. His heart fluttered like a flower's petal inside him.

Hyunjin took his hand and tugged on it, Seungmin's cheeks were tight with his smile but he simply could not resist.

"Hey, do you want to eat carbonara and cheese sticks?"

End.