"Ten minutes before lunch ends," You shouted. You were keeping your eye on the time so Hoseok could put all his focus on teaching the two the dance. Hoseok thanked you before yelling at the boys to take it from the top. No mistakes allowed this time. This put a lot of pressure on them, but you had faith in them. Pressing play for the demo music, you watched the three stand in their formation. The demo was only a minute long yet the choreography was a lot. It was amazing to watch, but it was completely killer to the two inexperienced rappers. They finished without making any mistakes though.

"H-Hoseok, we have a problem." Namjoon closed his eyes, panting heavily. "We can't do this dance for our song."

"Why not?" Hoseok frowned.

"It's too much. We're going to be rapping and we need the breath support," Yoongi stated. "We're not going to sound good if we're struggling to get a single word out."

"...seriously?" Hoseok pouted at the news. He kicked the ground, seeing how bad Yoongi and Namjoon felt for his hard work being tossed aside. They just couldn't ignore the fact that it would be near impossible.

"Try rapping and dancing it full out," Namjoon suggested. Hoseok tensed up, still feeling awkward whenever he rapped. He felt like he was getting judged every time he tried. Namjoon and Yoongi were pretty accepting though. They saw a lot of potential in him and he sounded good to you too. The two rappers were already trying to get Hoseok to join in on writing and producing music. It seems like Hoseok is extremely talented. And he still refuses to admit it. What a shame.

"Rap my part?" Hoseok pointed to himself.

"Who else's?" Yoongi chuckled. "Do the part you wrote for us. It's pretty good. I mean, the structure is the same for all verses, but I told you how to—"

"Own the lines. Yeah, no, yeah. I-I got this." Hoseok shook his body out. You hovered your finger over the play button when Namjoon freaked out. The four of you had gotten the attention of school staff. You guys have been avoiding them like the plague. Yoongi looked up to see a certain pair of eyes watching them from the third floor building. Principal Yoo. The four of you quickly packed your things and parted ways to your last class. All of you will meet again after school as always. Yoongi wouldn't stop cussing under his breath. Namjoon was laughing and Hoseok was cheering that he didn't have to rap. You only grinned to yourself, wondering how the preteens were practicing on their own.

*~*

The middle schoolers were working hard at their own practice. They were working towards perfecting a specific choreo Hoseok had made up. It wasn't to any music. The only thing that allowed the boys to know their timing was correct was the sound of their feet. Their feet would have to play the beat for them. It played a song that went along with their breathing. It was fast, but the boys could manage. It was very convenient to have all the preteens be extremely talented in dancing. Jimin carried enough experience from taking lessons weekly that Taehyung occasionally crashed and followed along. Then Jungkook was naturally athletic and made sure to be good at whatever he found a passion in.

All the boys wanted to participate in the contest for fun. It was just another silly idea of theirs. The most Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin wanted were to perform in front of many. They pictured it to be thrilling and fun. Other than that, they had no real purpose for doing the concert. That's what they believed at first. The longer all of them worked hard towards the contest, they began to feel different towards the competition. Jimin wanted to improve his singing as he felt unconfident with it but knew he could do well with practice. Taehyung wanted to make sure his dancing was as good as Jungkook and Jimin's. Lastly, Jungkook felt a fire inside of him every time he practiced with his friends.