Polite Society, Valentine Society

POV-(Y/n):

We had mounted our horses and were riding our way to "Valentine". The name sounded like some messy brothel to me but hey, free money is free money. We offered Arthur to come with us but he left to go and find the Reverend; whom I assumed got too attached to booze he couldn't handle and wondered off. He said he would meet us there later though.

We rode up on the town's train station and damn the smell of horse shit and bad beer immediately assaulted my nostrils. So bad that I actually pulled the collar of my shirt up over my nose. Mud splattered across the ground as our horses trotted through and I could hear tavern piano music a bit away. That must be where all the town Neanderthals go to get drunk and gamble their money away. I heard Javier ride up next to me and lightly hit me on the arm to get my attention. I looked over to see him smiling.

     Javier: Este pueblo esta de la chingada.

     I tilted my head in curiosity, I unfortunately wasn't that well versed in other languages. Always wanted to learn but never had the time.

     (Y/n): What's that mean?

     He smirked, amused at my lack of Spanish literacy.

     Javier: I'll tell you later, Gringo.

     Corrin then laughed.

     Corrin: I agree, Javier.

     I looked over to her, surprised.

     (Y/n): You speak Spanish?!

     Corrin: A little, only what Javier has taught me. I know a bit more in a couple other languages.

(Y/n): God damn you're amazing.

She smiled in a way that made my heart flutter.

Corrin: Thank you!

We all rode over and hitched our horses in front of the local bar. The name was painted up in big white faded letters; "Smithfield's Saloon".

     We walked in and were immediately struck with the smell of piss and stale food. There were a bunch of guys at the bar and comfort girls working the tables where the men that drank too much sat. One man had an interesting hat of choice, poor raccoon. I looked over to the right to see a group of decently dressed (by this town's standards) men sitting around a poker table. I cracked my knuckles in excitement and anticipation.

     (Y/n): Well Lady and gentlemen; I'm gonna go to work.

     Javier: Good luck.

     Charles: Don't gamble away too much, we don't need another case of Reverend in the camp.

     Bill: Smoke 'em!

     Corrin: May I watch?

     (Y/n): Of course! After all...

     I took one of her hands and gave her a quick little kiss on the lips.

     (Y/n) You're my good luck charm~

     She smiled and her cheeks turned a light shade of pink, which easily stood out on her normally light skin.

     Corrin: *Giggles* Shut up, flirt.

     (Y/n): You know it~

     I jokingly bowed to the men as Javier immediately walked over to the bar to flirt with two comfort girls. Bill walked over to the bar and Charles stood close to both of them as backup in case they did anything stupid. Corrin and I walked over to the poker table. Two of the players at the table looked like typical livestock farmers down on their luck, but the third was different. He wore a fairly formal beige suit and looked as though he didn't belong in this entire area, let alone this town. He was well groomed, unlike the others and had a confident aura about him.