Chapter 16

Sapphires POV
Liam pulled into my driveway and I hopped out of the car almost immediately. "I see in such a hurry to get away from me,"

I looked at him a bit disappointed, "Aren't you coming in with me?"

He looked at me curiously, "You wanted me to?"
I felt my cheeks heat up. "Um, I mean uh,"

He laughed, "Relax I'm joking,"

I watched him park the car and get out. I waited till he caught up to me before darting towards the door. He grabbed my arm and stopped me before I could. "Wait,"

I stopped and turned to him, "What is it?"

I was quite eager to get inside, "Sam doesn't know that we aren't actually dating,"

I almost forgot that, "Oh okay, well then we just have to act like a couple,"

He nodded. I laced my fingers with his and dragged him to the door. I used my free hand to unlock the door and rushed in. I was greeted by a high pitched squeal and a crushing hug from my bestie. "This is so exciting, come on!"

She led me to the next room over where Sam was. He was petting a small puppy. She looked to be a Pomeranian and Husky hybrid. Her eyes were a vibrant blue, almost like Liam's. Her fur was grey with black splotches. "Surprise! Your mom got her for you," Athena smiled.

I gasped and went over to pet her. "She's precious,"

Sam handed her to me and walked over to Athena. He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and she leaned into him. "Liam you better watch out that puppies gonna steal your girl," Sam teased.

"Very funny," Liam deadpanned.

Liam came over to me and pet my new puppy with me, "What we you gonna name her?" Liam questioned.

I looked at her closely. Her bright blue eyes gave me an idea, "Winter,"

Liam smiled, "It's perfect,"

"Do you guys want to hang out for a bit since you're already here?" Athena offered, looking at me for permission.

I nodded and she wanted for the boys to answer. Sam looked at Liam as if asking his opinion, "Sounds fun, I'm in," Sam told us.

Liam agreed and I showed them to the guest room. The four of us sat on bean bag in a circle. Athena had come up with the idea for us to play truth or dare. "Okay, truth or dare Sapphire?"

I glared at Sam for picking me first, "Truth," I answered confidently.

"How long have you been interested in Liam?"

My body went into full fledged panic. What do I say? I looked at Athena for help but she was as panicked as I was. My next option was Liam but he was about as much help as Athena. I knew the true answer to that: ever since he came to my house because I called him on the phone crying, after Athena was mad at me. I couldn't exactly say that though because we had been 'dating' long before that. I came up with the next best option I could think of, "Since we got detention together," I lied someone skillfully.

Athena gave me a look of admiration for my quick lying. "Okay, Athena truth or dare?" I gave Athena a smirk and she glared back in return.

"Truth," she spoke triumphantly.

"Does Sam know your first name?"

Sam looked at me puzzled, "Wait, Athena's not your first name,"

"I hate you,"

I could tell she didn't mean it because she was smiling, "No he doesn't know,"

"Wait what is it?" Sam questioned.