Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Sapphires POV
When the day finally ended I rushed through the crowd to find Athena. Her blond curls and hot pink top made her easy to find. I ran to her and grabbed her arm pulling her towards the door. "What's going on Sapphire?"

I continued dragging her looking for her car, "I have to talk to you now,"
I dragged her to the car and we both got in quickly. "Okay Sapphire what is this about? What's going on?" She sounded really worried.

"I spoke to Tara today,"

Her face immediately dropped at the mention of Tara's name. "What did that she-devil do this time?"

"She threatened to tell Liam about Bradley,"

Athena took a sharp left into a parking lot and slammed on the break, "She what?" Athena yelled.

"Threaten to tell Liam about Bradley,"

"No, I know I heard you but why would she ever do that. She was involved in it too,"

"That's what I'm afraid of. What if she twist the story around, to where she did nothing wrong,"

"Well you have to tell Liam first, before she can,"

I lowered my head in shame, "but what if he hates me?"

"Sapphire I know your scared that no one will ever love you and anyone you care about will leave you. I don't blame you for thinking that you've been through way more stuff than any one person should have to. What your dads did to you was horrible, what Bradley did to you was worse. You didn't deserve any of that. Someone is going to love you, I promise. You're the most amazing and sweetest girl ever. Liam really cares about you, I can see it in the way he looks at you."

That the thing! Liam doesn't care for me. This entire relationship is fake and I can't even tell Athena. She convinced that he likes me, I mean we really are lying to her, "What if he leaves? If I tell him what happened he's going to leave, just like everyone else!"

"If he leaves then he's a jerk. It wasn't your fault!"

"Yes it was!"

By this point we were both screaming at each other. A few people who walked by looked at us concerned. "No one could have controlled that Sapphire. It wasn't your fault, it was Bradley's."
"I can't tell him,"

"You have to, you know if Tara tells him first she gonna make it out to where she wasn't at all to blame,"
There was a moment of silence as I contemplated what to do. The yelling stopped and I still couldn't decide. I knew I had to tell him but he's just going to leave and go back to Tara. Why should I even care if he does go back to Tara? Our relationship is fake, the entire point was to get him back with Tara. That all he wanted. It shouldn't matter if he goes back to Tara. "I'll tell him," my voice came out barely above a whisper.

"Good, you need to. It's Liam, he'll understand,"

"I hope so,"

Athena started the car up again. "Wanna stay the night at my place?" I asked her.

"Sure, my Momma is away on a trip anyway so she won't care,"

"Okay,"

Athena stopped at her place first and packed up her stuff. I waited inside the doorway for her to finish. She came trotting down the stairs carrying a backpack it on hand. "Ready?"

"Yeah,"

I opened the door for her and we went back to her car. We drove to my house next. I helped Athena carry he school bag. My mom was inside the kitchen making dinner. "Hey mom," I went over and gave her a kiss, "Athena's staying the night,"