Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Saphires pov
I had fully calmed down and Liam let go of me allowing me to face him. I couldn't make eye contact with him, not after that. I mean how pathetic could I have been he must think I'm a loser. Why do you care what he thinks? There was some part of me that questioned this. I didn't know the answer though. Why did I care? I felt him lift my chin up so I was looking at him, still avoiding eye contact. "Do you want to tell me what that was about?" He asked softly.

"It was nothing," I muttered looking down again.

"It wasn't nothing, you were having a panic attack,"

I remained silent, not sure of what to say.

"You don't have to tell me, I understand. I'm her if you want to talk though,"

He pulled me in and hugged me tightly. This was all that I need in this one moment. I wrapped my arms around him. A scent of vanilla and apples filled my senses. We were sitting on the ground in the middle of the park, just hugging. I decided to tell him. "My parents left me," I began.

He didn't let go or say some small apology that nobody ever means. He didn't ask me if I was okay or if I wanted to stop. He just.... listened. Which was what what I needed. "They raised me until I was three. Then they started fighting. They hit me," I felt his body go tense against mine, "they continued to beat me and one day they asked me if I wanted to go to work with them. They drove me to an ally where they dropped me off and left me there. I was three and had no idea what to do. I sat on the sidewalk and cried until a police officer found me. He picked me up and a full investigation was sent out about my parents. They were never found and I was put in an orphanage. I wasn't there for long though. When I was five Malinda adopted me, she and Eric. Eric was my father and I thought he loved me unconditionally. We went everywhere together. We had such a strong bond. When I was ten though he and my mom started fighting. I remember waking up to them yelling and then suddenly it was silent. I heard the car start and drive away. He left us, me and my mom' that night," tears had filled my eyes once more.

He stayed silent before speaking. "That rough. Nobody deserves that. You don't deserve that. You deserve so much better," he rested his chin on my shoulder.

I didn't tell him everything. I couldn't get myself to tell him about Bradley. I can just imagine the horrified look he would have if he found out. The only people that know are Athena, Bradley, and Tara. I haven't even told my mom. They would all hate me. Athena only know because she was there. I haven't told any of the other girls.

We stayed sitting for a while. He never let go of me. His hug was safe and comforting. Eventually, we had to let go. "Thank you,"

"Anytime,"

He took me home. The drive was quiet, not the awkward silence though, more so a comfortable silence. I rested my head against the window and felt my eyes begin to grow heavy.
———————-

I woke up wrapped in a blanket on the couch. I rubbed my eyes, still a little groggy. "You awake sweetie?" My mom asked from the kitchen.

"Um yeah," I couldn't quite remember what happened.

It finally dawned on me. Liam, panic attack, park. I must have fallen asleep in the car, but how did I get on the couch. Did Liam tell my mom about the panic attack? I hope not. I haven't quite told her about those. "What happened?"