Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Sapphires POV
After Taylor dropped us all off Athena and we had to sneak back into the house. We carefully opened the front door making sure to turn the handle before closing it and crept up the stairs, staying on the left side so the stairs don't creek. We managed to make it up to my room without making a sound. After we successfully snuck in realization dawned on us. We immediately burst out in a round of laughter. We totally forgot that my mom was at work and we just did that whole thing for nothing. "We are just the smartest," Athena joked.

"Oh yeah totally,"

We headed up to my room and Athena got ready for bed I began to draw in my sketch book while I waited for her to finish. After she was done she came back to my room and sat on the bed. I took the bathroom after her and started to remove my makeup. "Can I look at your sketchbooks?" Athena yelled from my bedroom.

"Sure go ahead," I replied back.

Athena always loved looking at my drawings, I must have had at least twenty different sketch books sitting in a book. She would ask me to draw her things for her birthday. I loved drawing them. "Thank you," Athena called back.

I finished getting off all my make up and changed into a t-shirt and shorts. When I walked out of the bathroom Athena was staring at one of my sketchbooks. Her lower lip was trembling. "Athena, what's wrong?" I asked, getting worried.

She looked at me, her eyes glossy with tears. "You lied to me?" Her voice was shaking.

She held up one of my sketchbooks. Inside was 'Liam and Sapphire's Fake Relationship Contract'. Her lip quivered even more as she held it up. "What is this Sapphire? It's a joke right?" Her voice got sterner by the second.

"Athena I'm sorry," my eyes stung with tears as I tried to explain.

"That's what I thought!" She slammed the sketchbook down and grabbed her bags.

"Athena I'm sorry! Please just let me explain,"

"No! I don't want to hear it, you lied to me! How could you? I trusted you," she tossed things in her bag recklessly, trying to get away as fast as possible, wiping the tears from her face.

"Please Athena I can explain!"

"What could you possibly say to make this better? You lied to me,"

"I wanted to tell you,"

"Yeah well you didn't!"

She bolted down the stairs but I managed to catch her before she left out the door, "Athena please!"

"A fake relationship? Really? What were you trying to make Tara mad or something by stealing her ex? Or were my blind dates just so horrible that you thought lying to me was a better option instead of just talking to me? How shallow of a person could you be? Now I get why everyone you love leaves, you push them away!" He face was bright red and tears still streamed down her face.

We were screaming so loud I bet the neighbors could hear. She picked up her bags and threw the door open. I tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen to me. "Don't talk to me! I can't believe you did this,"

Tears streamed down my face as she slammed the door. I leaned on the door sliding down. I picked up my phone, still crying. I dialed a number and hit call. "Hello?" Their voice came out raspy from just waking up since it was already two in the morning.

I cried into the phone for a second before they spoke again, "Sapphire what happened?"

I sniffled, covered my mouth to muffle the tears and hung up, throwing my phone across the room. What was I thinking? I pulled my knees to my chest and continued to cry silently. I hit my head against the door and screamed. I deserve this! I lied to her. Tears kept flowing down my face. I couldn't have been there for more than ten minutes before the doorbell rang. I hoped it was Athena. I wiped the tears off my eyes and opened the door. Liam was standing on my front porch. He was wearing sweatpants and his hair was messy. His eyes were squinted like he was still half asleep. He pulled me into a hug as I cried into his chest. I had no idea why he came but I didn't care, I was just glad I had someone there for me. I really needed someone right now.