Chapter Twenty One: Our One Rule.

I sat outside biting my nails nervously when Kokichi opened the door and I looked over at him. He looked at me with an empty expression, "let's go" he said.

"Hold on, Kokichi you look like you can barely walk let me help you" Takashiro said. Kokichi shook his head, "just keep going" he ordered as we headed down the stairs of the building and down onto the sidewalk as I saw him nearly slipping maybe a dozen times.

And I couldn't do anything at all to help him...

"Ok that's it" Takashiro said after the fiftieth trip, as he forced Kokichi to climb onto his back as we continued walking home in the heavy rain. Kokichi seemed so tired he barely fought back falling asleep on their back.

He looked awful. He had heavy eye bags and his forehead had a prominent fever and his hair seemed to be losing its color due to stress and I felt someone grab my hand.

"Hey Chiasa, are you ok?" Kazue asked as I looked up at my boyfriend. I held his hand tighter, "I'm scared..." I admitted, "he finally knows what I've done Kazue..." I said choking up.

"You didn't even tell me what you did till recently" Kazue said clearly disappointed. A few months ago I had recieved a particularly bad job for killing a family. The job ended up breaking me entirely when the partner I had forced me to watch them kill the one year old infant.

That night I had so many panic attacks and I wouldn't even leave the bathroom of me and the rest of the girls apartments so they had to call Kazue to try and help me.

I ended up balling and confessing to everything and we've been keeping my side job as a secret for a while now.

I still have nightmares of the baby's crying.

"Why would I want to tell you about what I was doing to people...?" I asked feeling tears run down my face. Kazue side hugged me, "we'll be fine Chi, he'll understand" Kazue assured.

"We have one rule Kazue and I've broke it time and time again..." I mumbled. Kazue didn't respond as we kept walking down the street as the rain poured more. Takashiro kept glancing at us, Kokichi was still asleep.

"Chi don't worry, you're going to be fine..." Takashiro assured, "you're family! Once you explain I'm sure he will forgive you" Takashiro told me.

"I tried to kill Saihara" I reminded. The group went silent.

I knew that no matter what I said Kokichi would never forgive me.

♤~♡~◇~♧

I opened my eyes unwillingly. My head was pounding and I felt really hot despite noting the cold towel on my head as I saw Chiasa sleeping in a chair next to me as I stared.

You tried to kill someone....why.....?

I sat up ignoring the pain it sent down my body as I shook her awake. She immediately sat up and looked at me, "KOKICHI!" She she screamed in relief as she hugged me tightly, "what's all the hugs for?" I asked.

"You've been asleep for three days" she told me and my eyes widened in shock, "what?" I asked, she nodded "you've basically slept most of it off" she assured.

I have to ask...

"Chiasa" I started serious, "why did you attack Saihara?" I asked. She looked at me scared as she took in a deep breath, "I....I wanted to save you..." she admitted.

"I didn't need you to save me" I told her annoyed, "Kokichi we grew up together...you're like a brother to me...I....I COULDN'T LET SOME STUPID DETECTIVE TAKE YOU AWAY FROM ME!" She screamed as she started crying.

"I couldn't let him, I couldn't take it anymore seeing you suffer and sleep at night knowing you're slowly dying and I can't do anything! I....I had to try..." she argued.

"Chi...be honest with me...have you ever killed people...or hurt people before?" I asked. Chiasa fell silent.

"How long?" I asked angry, "how long have you been doing this?! How long were you planning on hiding this from me?!" I screamed.

*BAM*

"That's enough" Kazue said as he barged open the door walking in, "you knew didn't you?" I asked as rage filled inside of me, "not for long but yeah. She did it for us!" Kazue argued.

"She killed people" I reminded, Chiasa shifted down uncomfortably.

"She did it to pay off our debt! A lot of us have done dirty jobs to pay off that f*cking debt so if you're going to punish her then punish yourself to cause I know you're not innocent either!" Kazue argued.

"I'm not saying Im innocent I'm saying she killed someone is a lot different that shoplifting and scamming people" I told them. Kazue ignored me grabbing Chiasa and pulling her close.

"If you're going to kick her out I'm going with her" he said immediately. I paused.

"I'm not kicking her out" I promised, "she's my sister...you just cant ever kill again, unless its life or death" I said looking at Chiasa. She nodded.

"Then it's done. No one is leaving" I said. Kazue didn't say anything as the pair left the room.

I glanced up at the roof and groaned a little, what am I going to do....?