Chapter Eighteen: The Family

It hurts...why...why does it hurt so much....?

.....

......

.....

.....

Mom....is this your revenge...?

For leaving you behind with sis....?

For even now never going to your grave or funeral....?

.....

....

....

I still don't regret it. So please give up and let me live without you Mom.

♤~♡~Ten Years Ago~◇~♧

I huddled in the corner of the living room as I tried to cover my ears to tune out the screaming from the other room along with trying not to breath in the booze they had thrown across the wall as I felt myself ready to cry.

For as long as I could remember Mom and my "Dad" one of moms longlasting flings or boyfriend would always be throwing bottles around the house and flinging curse words at each other, to the point the sounds of screaming was more natural than the quiet.

The quiet usually being when we had to take Mom to the hospital.

Finally my older sister had returned from the darkness holding two tattered blankets that we could never afford to wash as she tossed one at me and ignoring the sound around the house laid down on the couch.

My older sister was maybe seventeen and had light purple hair like my Mothers and deep brown eyes from whoever her dad was, she also had a few scars on her face, only one I could remember where she got it from. The one a few centimeters above from her left eye that nearly blinded her.

She also had a few ear piercings and a nose one, along with always having fake tattoos she hid from school under her sweaters.

Mio was more like the mom everyone told me theres was like at school. She was the one who dropped me off everyday, made me food and cleaned up the house and helped me with my homework while Mom was always sleeping or doing her work.

When one of Moms exes came into our house while Mom was wasted, and tried to....

I shuddered as I just decided to wrap the blanket around me despite the smell. Mio, my sister, used one of the couch pillows to tune out the noise.

We only had one bedroom reserved for when Mom had her "clients".

"They are still getting at it huh? That f*ckin b*tch..." Mio mumbled. I didn't respond leaning against the end of the couch trying to fall asleep.

Mio ruffled my hair, "just you wait bud, I'm gonna get outta this hell hole soon and never come back to this nightmare" she complained.

"What about me?" I asked looking up at her. Mio paused for a while, "look Kichi, I already know you would stay with that b*tch and try and keep me behind so I can't take you with me" Mio explained.

"That's cause my teacher said we have to love our parents" I argued, Mio laughed "what are you? Eight? Let me tell you something they didn't tell you at school, your family isnt who you have blood with its who actually gives a f*ck about you"

"So you?" I asked. Mio shrugged, as she turned over. "Goodnight Kich" She said, "hey...Mio" I asked. She groaned, "what?" She asked.

"Can friends be family?" I asked. Mio then turned back to me with a smile that was a lot more loving, she never used this type of smile, "yeah Kich...they can be the best type of family" she assured me.

I didn't ask anything more from her.

I wish I did, she was gone the next day and I never saw her again.

♤~♡~◇~♧

*SLAP*

I rubbed my cheek as I felt like crying. Mom sneered down at me her purple hair in what was usually a neat bun was messy as she wacked me again with the belt.

"You burned it!" She screamed as I tried to cook the food, "I'm sorry!" I apologized, as she shoved me away from the stove "f*cling brat cant even make a decent meal..." she muttered.

I shuddered as she continued to whisper things under her breath, "you would be nothing without me you know! You should be grateful for once!" She yelled as I tightened my fist.

"Be grateful to your mother!" She screeched like a harpie as I finally snapped "Mio was my Mom, you're a drunk" I fired at her as my mother turned around to me.

"What did you say?" She asked. "Mio said you were a b*tch, the older kids explained the word to me...and she was right you are one" I told her.

*SLAP*

"If you EVER say that again-" she started, as I raced out of the door when I noticed her holding a pan in her hand.

"GET BACK HERE!" My mom yelled as I fled into the streets as fast as I could, "YOU'LL REGRET THIS! DON'T YOU DARE COME CRAWLING BACK FOR FORGIVENESS!" She screamed.

I won't.

♤~♡~◇~♧

Mio was right.

A few hours of running away I met Chiasa, even though she fainted when we first met and the course of the next two years we met the whole gang. Some were like me who ran away from home and others from orphanages they didn't like.

So I decided to play leader and we ended up breaking into the library and snuck to the attic of it, and lived there forging documents so we could still go to school because of a deal we made with the head librarian if we cleaned up they would turn a blind eye.

We made deals with gangs, using Takashiro as our negotiator cause he looked older than the rest of us. I didn't understand how those debts would pile on, but we managed to pay it off a few months ago.

I dont know where Mio is, but I figured out my Mom died years ago in an accident. I dont think this is bad but I didn't really feel sad when she died.

More...free.

I also love the library because that's where I met Saihara chan. I was up on the second level so he rarely saw me staring at him. He was so cute back then reading all those cool books.

I don't think he remembers that.

Shame since hes killing me. And I still cant say those f*cking words...I love you.

I love you DICE. You're my family, wish I wasn't an idiot for falling in love with a detective.