Chapter Fourteen: The Liar

The past few days have been my own personal hell. Ever since Takashiro confessed to knowing about my illness he told everyone while I was asleep, and I woke up to a bunch of screaming.

DICE fighting about what to do, whether to just shut down since I 'can't lead' or if they should do more detective work to figure out what is wrong with me.

It didn't take long for me to step in, next thing you know everyone is crying and shouting and fighting. Never seen them all so distraught, not since we all met at least.

It was like we were kids.

In the end they came to the unanimous decision that Takashiro, Genkei, and Takura would take care of me and 'we'll' decide what to do when I get better.

There's not going to be a when. But they dont need to know that, for now at least. I have a good month left in me...I....I have to have one, the plan won't work if I die soon.

I...I won't let DICE go down with me. That's was my mindset when I snuck out to go see Saihara...to forge some kind of evidence to buy us some time or make a deal with him.

So of course I had to then faint. Stupid Hanahaki. At least I didn't cough up flowers...

I woke up five minutes later in Saihara's bed with a wash cloth on my head. Now I gotta figure something out before Saihara comes in-

*creak*

F*ck.

"Ouma?" Saihara called as he walked in seeing me sitting up. I quickly sat up taller, I'm not losing my dignity more than I already have.

"Hey Shumai, Haha you really fell for it huh?" I teased grinning widely. He didn't look impressed, instead he walked right up to me and sat down next to me "you were burning up Ouma...you wouldn't wake up, do you know how terrifying that was?" He asked his voice was full of hurt and betrayal.

"What're you talking about?" I asked, what do I do? I have to get out of this! I can't...I just can't...."just tell me the truth Ouma, you're sick aren't you? That's why you ran away from your friends, you didn't want them to know huh?" He interrogated.

I grinned, "nope~ You're getting rusty Saihara chan" I denied, as I quickly started getting up from the bed "Ouma you've been lying to me for years haven't you?" Saihara accused.

I looked at him confused, what makes you say that?" I asked, "you told me you had friends at school, that was a lie wasn't it? You didn't have any....you were alone weren't you?" Saihara asked.

So he isn't that dense anymore huh? I smiled, "those idiots weren't good enough for me" I lied, Saihara clenched his fist "you're in a lot of trouble, I dont know for sure what you're doing but it's hurting you...people are going after you...why?" Saihara asked.

"Because clearly you're not fine and I want to help you Ouma!" Saihara pleaded. I smiled, unfazing "but you can't" Ouma said, "so you should probably stop trying Saihara chan" I said stepping up closer to him.

"Didnt I always tell you that a lie was better Saihara chan? The truth is boring, and neither of us will like it" I told him seriously, I smiled tilting my head a little "so let's have more fun next time beloved~" I flirted as I got out of the room.

"Ouma wait!" Saihara called standing up after me, I felt flowers starting to rise in my throat as I smiled through the pain "bye bye Saihara chan!" I called and ran out of the room as soon as possible.

The second I was at least a few blocks away I stopped running and hid in an alley lining the ground with several layers of petals.

♤~♡~◇~♧

The second I got home I was met with a death glare, "hey Chi" I greeted retaining my cheerful attitude. Chiasa's face was red with anger and I could see that her eyes were red and puffy.

"Where the f*ck were you?" She asked, my eyes widened. She never cursed unless she was p*ssed. Kazue level of p*ssed as she started walking closer to me, "do you realize how worried sick I was?! Everyone's been looking for you for hours!" She screamed.

"I was at Shumai's and I'm fine Chi just look at me-" I argued, "I am and you look like sh*t" Chiasa said, "wow Chi's so mean!" I whined.

"You're dying aren't you?" She asked and my eyes widened in surprise, "what?" I asked, she laughed coldly.

"I know what Google is Kokichi..." she said, "and let me just say there are not many diseases that involve throwing up flowers" she commented.

"There isn't huh?" I said jokingly, "confess" she immediately said, "what?" I asked, "whoever that person is confess! This freaking crush can't be worth dying over!" She screamed.

"You wouldn't know, you're in a relationship" I reminded. Chiasa and Kazue had been dating for about two years now. She glared at me.

"Who is it? At least let me help you! Please! You're my best friend Kichi! You're like a brother to me! I don't want go lose you over some stupid boy so please!" She begged.

I laughed, "you already know the dumb boy" I told her. Her eyes widened, "no....no....no no no no!" She screamed hysterically as I laughed dryly, "I always said Shuichi Saihara was my beloved huh? My beloved detective....my one friend outside of you guys...is going to be the death of me..."