11: DIARY

I know and I'm sorry!😔❤️

Jannah lifted her head up to look at Dr Khalifah from where she sat on the single couch in Abbiey's living room. His three year old adorable daughter, Emani, sat on her lap as she played with her baby doll.

"By now, i assume you have an answer to my proposal Jannah. To be frank, these past three weeks have been the hardest for me and I'm going to lie if i say I'm not afraid of rejection from you." Dr Khalifah sighed, agitation evident on his face, a complete contrast to the man that always exuded an aura of calm.

Jannah sighed too, within those weeks she'd performed the istakhara several times, a prayer recited by Muslims when in need of guidance on an issue in their life. But she still couldn't tell what her answer was.

Now looking at the little girl on her lap, who had her hair styled in a side braided ponytail with colorful hair-ties, Jannah felt her heart sink at the thought of Emani not experiencing the motherly love. Jannah grew up like that with only a single parent, and although she had Hajiya the whole time, sometimes she'd feel the hollow and that empty sort of pain in her heart.

Soon, Dr khalifah's daughter will understand that she didn't have a mother and what if he married someone else and the woman ended up being an evil step mother to the child?

Thinking about that now Jannah realized that, that one reason was solid enough for her to accept Dr Khalifah's proposal. Because she knew, no matter what she'd never hurt Emani, she'd accept her like she birthed her, she'd always shower her with endless love, the kind of motherly love she missed for three years.

Jannah smiled and gently ran her palm over Emani's braid, then she looked up to Dr Khalifah, "Right now I can't think of anything I want to do more than spend the rest of my life as the mother of this cute baby."

She watched as he smiled absentmindedly, then his brows quickly shot up as if he was just realizing what she said. He buried his face in his palms for a moment, trying to absorb it all before he looked up, shifted in his seat, "Subhanallah, is that a yes?"

Jannah bobbed her head, "Of course, doc."

"Ya Allah!... " He sighed with his whole body, "This... you can't imagine how unforgettable this day will be for me, thank you Jannah, May Allah grant you all your heart desires and grant you His goodness in this world and in the hereafter."

"Ameen."

"Ameen." The little girl mimicked her in between soft giggles. And all jannah wanted to do was hug her so tight and love her till her lungs gave out. She was so adorable it hurt.

When Jannah looked up, she saw Dr Khalifah's eyes on her, she smiled at him trying to mask her nervousness, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"It feels surreal, doesn't it?"