I had lived my life not knowing why I looked different from my siblings. I was also curious to why I hadn't found my mate around the age sixteen. My mother broke down one chilly night two years ago and told me the truth. I was hysteric and in denial for weeks. But then I got over it, I can't rewrite the past.

My not so lovely older sister had overheard the conversation our mother and I had that night, she told everyone and it spread like wildfire throughout the pack. They all wanted me gone.

To my surprise the Alpha stood up for me, turns out he was the one who saved my mother from my sperm doner that night. My mother's attacker was once an Alpha; before he went rogue after his mate had died. His name was Alpha Terrill. He had begged our Alpha, Alpha Lazo to end his suffering. He didn't want to live if his mate was no longer alive.

Alpha Lazo was weak and couldn't end his long time friends life, You can imagine the horror on his face years later when he rescued my mother and snatched Alpha Terrell's throat out. He was no longer the easygoing guy he had grown up with, just rabid beast of a man who had went insane.

He felt guilty, he had let down his pack member. And he had let down his old friend as well. He shouldn't hold himself accountable for it, everyone makes mistakes.

Alpha Lazo was always kind to me, I loved him. But I soon realized he was twice my age and wouldn't want anything to do with me, but a girl can dream right?

Hours had passed by as I stared at the ceiling of my room in total boredom. What was destiny in life? Would I ever be truly needed anywhere?

"NALU! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW." My mother's voice shook the frames of the house. I could hear my siblings start snickering and laughing from all over the house. Getting in trouble was sort of a routine for me. I promise it's not on purpose, I just have terrible luck.

Slowly I tiptoed down the stairs to see Alpha Lazo, the Luna and Axel holding a bag of ice on his face. "Let's cut straight to the chase, I'm assigning room keeping every morning for the pack house for six months, I can no longer be so lenient with you." Alpha Lazo's voice was stern and harsh, it wasn't soft and kind like how it usually was. I guess he was getting fed up with me as well.

It was never my fault, Axel is always provoking me.

"Yes Alpha." I say lowly as I lower my head, I can feel my mother's eyes burning into my skin. She's really mad.

"If that is all I'll take my-" Alpha Lazo suddenly tensed up as the air began to smell different. New scents? An eerie vibe flooded the air all around our lands.

This couldn't be happening? Has he really gotten this far? It was impossible. We're nearly completely south. My mind was going crazy with all types of possibilities.

No one dared to say anything, the pack all felt the same emotion, utter fear and hopelessness. The tyrant was coming.

"Let's go!" Alpha Lazo spoke as he ushered his family out of our house. My mom quickly locked the front door before a tear escaped her eye.

"Everyone to my room now!" My mother's voice was shaky as she picked up a sleeping baby Lizzo from the couch.

Soon we were all huddled under blankets all over my mother's room. Avery my oldest sibling stood in front of the window keeping a look out for danger. He's the quote on quote man of the house when our father isn't here.

Sam my toxic sister who I still resent for exposing me was texting away on her phone with all her annoying friends. She could careless about the approaching danger.