F O U R T E E N

Xylie's P.O.V

It's been weeks since my date with Emma and she's been really distant lately, I think it's because I asked her to stop when we were in the alley way. I would ask her about it but she always dodges the subject when I try to talk to her about it so I really don't know what to do.

The twins and Ethan have been really close, they always want him around and it's really sweet honestly. Ethan's been great, the twins are his everything.

I'm not sure what's going on with Emma and I at the moment, the twins don't know about us yet and I think that's a good thing because I'm starting to have second thoughts. I don't regret everything that's happened with Emma, it's been a nice experience, I just don't think we're destined to be anything more than best friends. As weird as this might sound, I'm starting to see her less romantically and more in a sisterly way, like I did when we were just friends.

See now the worst thing about being romantically involved with your best friend is that if your having doubts but don't wanna tell them yet and just wanna confide in someone first, you can't go to them. Emma usually gives the best advice and I can't go to her with this yet.

That's where Ethan and Grayson have helped a lot. We've been becoming very close like old times again, especially Ethan and I. So much so that I've been talking to them about Emma and I and the problems I'm facing. Grayson's a huge help but there's something about Ethan. He seems to care and wants to help but I can't help but notice hurt in his voice and his facial expressions when he tries to help me with Emma.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say he could still have feelings for me? Could that be true? I wouldn't know. My feelings are all over the place right now but I'm not gonna lie. I've missed Ethan a lot over the years. Before Emma, all I ever wished was that things went as planned. Obviously that wasn't my fault, but I couldn't help but miss us as a team back when I first left.

Maybe I should talk to Emma, end things on good terms, I don't know what I would do without her in my life.

Emma's P.O.V

I'm in the kitchen when I see Xylie leave her room on the small monitor we put up for security and I turn around so she thinks I'm busy but she calls for me.

"Hey, Em? Can we talk?"

All I can do is nod, I'm pretty sure I know what she's gonna say to me and it's completely my fault but I still feel nervous.

"Things have been really distant between us lately and you know I love you but not this way. I don't think we should continue seeing each other the way we have been." Again, all I do is nod and then look down. I don't blame her, if I'm honest, I was beginning to lose feelings too. I feel like we're only meant to be best friends, nothing less and nothing more.

"Are you okay?" She asks, genuinely concerned for how much I'm not speaking.

I nod before actually speaking. "Mhm, yeah. I just- I don't know how to say this... I've been having doubts, that's why I've been distant. I've also been losing feelings, I think I'd rather be your best friend again." I thought she'd be upset or take it the wrong way but instead she smiled and hugged me. "You're not sad? Or mad?" I ask, in shock.

"No of course not! I was having doubts and losing feelings too. I missed the friendship too much."

"Is there anyone else?" I ask out of curiosity.

She shakes her head indicating 'no' and then the doorbell sounds.

"It's open!" I yell.

We both turn our heads to see who it is. Ethan and Grayson walk in. We all exchange greetings and then they disappear into the kids' play room. I notice Xylie out of the corner of my eye fixing her hair and she puts on lip balm quickly before smiling at me and heading off to see Ethan and Grayson playing with the twins. Then I realize.

Xylie still has feelings for Ethan.

I'm not jealous, I swear. I'm just worried that if something does spark between them, Ethan will hurt her again. I know he means well but I don't want Xylie to get hurt. I'm not gonna get in the way of them obviously but I'm gonna have to keep an eye on him if something does begin again between the two of them.

Grayson's P.O.V

After that talk with Ethan, I know he's nervous talking to Xylie so I don't bother him whilst he plays with his kids. Xylie walks over to me and sits down.

"I ended things between Emma and I." She begins. On the inside I'm happy because it means Ethan can finally set things right and I know he wants to.

But outside I grab her hand. "I'm sorry. I know that must've been hard for you."

"Not really," she begins, "I started to explain my thoughts to her and she literally just turned around and agreed with me and then told me that everything I was thinking and feeling about us, she thought and felt too."

At first I was shocked but I had to wipe the surprised expression off my face when I noticed Ethan walking up to us.

"Hey, what're you guys talking about?" He asks.

"Oh nothi-" I start until Xylie cuts me off.

"I ended things between Emma and I" She states.

"Oh- Are you okay?" He asks lifting his left brow and tilting his head to the side.

She nods. "Perfectly fine. We're on great terms, we both agreed with each other. Things are exactly how they used to be." She smiled.

Ethan returned the smile to her and I tilt my head towards her with a 'go on' facial expression, indicating him to talk to her. I smile at them both before going to play with the twins.