Chapter 29. Chick flick moments

Sam POV

"Dean-" I try to stutter out, as he avoids eye contact

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask shocked and hurt.

"I didn't really know how. You know I'm not good at this shit." Dean says as Cas squeezes his hand.

"Still....." I say trailing off as I grab Gabe's hand, looking for support in my now darkened reality.

We knew John was an awful guy, why am I shocked?

"It never seemed important since you were such a happy go lucky person when we moved in with Bobby" Dean says, looking away from mine and Gabes interlocked hands.

I just never thought he'd do that to his prized son? What did Dean do to save me over the years? How much has he sacrificed, for me? So I could have a normal-ish life? Why would he hide this? I could have helped him. Maybe he blames me? I'd blame me too after that. He never deserved that......

"Dean, I'm so sorry" I say so close to tears. He got so emotionally and sometimes physically abused for me. "You did so much for me and I couldn't even recognize it."

Gabe wraps his arm around my shoulder and starts rubbing my back.

"It's okay Sammy, I just wanted to apologize to Gabe, I'm overprotective of you" Dean says as he breaks eye contact and looks at Cas for a second. Cas gives him a reassuring nod.

"Um, well I wanted to make it clear that I'm not against this relationship" dean says, obviously having a bit of a hard time. "It's just that I've always been overprotective of Sammy and the reason a flipped out a bit earlier is because of how perfect you two are for each-other...so it's good that I'm worried about what would happen if something happened"

He thinks we are perfect for eachother. I thought he was mad at us I-

"I'm rambling a bit, but long story short is I'm not used to being so caring towards people Sammy dates, probably because he hasn't dated anyone else but I really care about you Gabe and I know you love him so it scares me a bit...... " Dean says, being more soppy then he as been in a while.

I look over at Gabe who is both overjoyed and on the verge of tears. "I do love him, I really do. And I promise I will do my hardest not to hurt him" he says. "Honestly, if I did anything to hurt him I wouldn't be able to live with myself, it would be very.....bad" Gabe says as he starts to cry.

"Oh angel, it's okay. Don't cry or I'll start too" I say, starting to tear up.

"Are you all okay?" Cas speaks up, he hasn't said much.

"Yeah we'll be fine, I think; this got a little too soppy for Winchesters and Novaks" Gabe says, lightening the mood.

There's my boy, I love him; he always knows what to say

"Well this has been emotionally exhausting, and I'm done with chick flick moments for they day. So me and Cas are gonna head home" Dean says as he walks over and grabs Cas's hand and stands up.

Cas turns around as they are about to walk away and looks at us with a sympathetic smile as he says, "cheer up kiddos, go have fun"

"But not too much fun" Dean says without turning around as they walk away.

As soon as they are gone Gabe spins around to me.

"So, whatcha wanna do for the rest of the night?" He says with a goofy grin across his face.

"I don't know, what do YOU want to do, Gabe?" I counter.

Gabe gets closer and looks up at me, "I don't know, depends on what you want to do when we get back to my house tonight." He says with his signature eyebrow and smirk.