26.

KAYSIA'S POV

"So she just started attacking you?" I asked softly. I tried to make sense of the whole story. I couldn't even believe Cameron's mum was alive, granted he never said she was dead. I didn't know what else to say or how to console him; if he even needed it. He always let on to be much stronger than he really was and times like this I could see the pain in his eyes when he spoke to me. For someone so apathetic, I for once could see his heart, mind and soul were heavy. Without even speaking it, he didn't have to - I knew. His eyes were confessing the pain he held in his heart. He lifted his head upward in a half nod, responding to my question.

"Come". I said gently as I attempted at pulling him towards me to which he basically done all the work. He laid his head on my pillow facing me and wrapped his arms around me pulling me in tightly. I had one of my arms under his head and the other playing in his hair. "I'm sorry". I said softly. "If you ever need me to come with you then i'm always here". I added. I watched as his eyes began to water but he didn't let one tear fall.

The Tv filled the dark room with hues of red, yellow and blue and for a brief second when it flashed a luminous white, I could have sworn I saw a tear escape. Cameron sat up from the position he was in and ran his hands all over the bed in a desperate search for the remote. Once he found it, he turned the tv off and laid back down but this time facing away from me and back on his own side of the bed. "If you don't let it out, you're going to let it eat you away". I explained, putting my hand on his shirtless back. He inhaled and exhaled deeply. "I got you". I added, reaching over and planting a soft kiss on the top of his shoulder. He suspended all movement, he lay statue like on the bed, momentarily, before letting out a deep breath. He turned over and faced me once again, placing his arm on my midriff, allowing his hand to hang off my back. I placed my hand on his beard and began slowly combing my fingers through. I love playing in his beard and I know he loves it too. His eyes threatened to close, he was finally relaxing. He had told me he hadn't slept well the past few days, he said it happened every time he visited one of his parents. "I don't know how to help her". He admitted, his voice laced with tiredness and anguish. His eyes were now fully closed. "If you let me and you're comfortable with it, we'll figure it out together". I replied.

He kissed me sweetly on my lips before withdrawing and placing his hand against my cheek, rubbing small circles with his thumb. "Night Kay". He said. I smiled to myself content with how this conversation went. "Night baby". I replied before placing my hand on his and squeezing it gently. He put his hand back around my waist and I put my hand back on his beard, knowing full well it will make him fall asleep. I stayed like that for about 5 minutes before my arm went dead and laid it by my side.

"You love me?" He asked, I nodded as if he could see me. "Always". I said. "I love you". He said.

"I love you too".

•••

"Baby". Cameron whispered as he reached out and held my hands in attempt to get me to leave him alone, all the while keeping his eyes shut. "Get upppp". I moaned into his chest as he pulled me against him and wrapped his arms around me, ignoring my earlier beckoning. "Shh, i'm sleeping". He said softly before kissing my forehead. "Cameron, it's like 2pm". I informed him. He opened one eye, still managing to side eye me in the process before closing them again. "I made food". I sung. "Surprised you didn't smell it". I mumbled. His eyes shot open, they were slightly red causing my face to soften. I placed my hand on the side of his face and just admired how beautiful he was, even first thing in the morning. "What?" He asked, staring at me intently. "You're so beautiful". I laughed as he kissed his teeth and pushed me off him. You would think he would appreciate the compliment. "Damn, your welcome". I added sarcastically before pushing the back of his head. "Don't get fucked up". He warned with a smirk on his face. "You don't get fucked up". I retorted.