15

The sound of a constant vibration woke me from my sleep. I squinted my eyes as they adjusted to the brightness of the room before rubbing them. I grabbed my phone off the side table to see Malik calling me. I groaned quietly as to not wake up Kane and declined his call. Noticing it was 10:35am, I was slightly pissed off that he was calling me so early. I was also surprised that I slept in past 10 as it's something that very rarely happens - even on weekends. I lightly pushed the covers back and swung my legs off the bed. I grabbed my phone and quickly exited the room and walked off into the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I stood their looking in the mirror, I got the sudden urge to make pancakes. The thought of American pancakes sounded good right now.

I opened up my apple music app and pressed shuffle on my 'B' playlist, which pretty much contained everything that wasn't bashment. Lil Durk's 'India' started playing and my face lit up. I loved this man differently. I sang along to the song, as I reached up into the cupboard to pull out the plain flour. I continued to sing along but was interrupted when the music stopped for a brief second before ringing. I sighed and tried to carefully and slowly bring the ripped bag of flour down from the cupboard before rushing over to my phone - but didn't get there in time. I rolled my eyes as the missed call notification popped up on my screen. I groaned when I saw it was from Malik. Why wouldn't this boy leave me alone I thought. My phone started to ring again and I froze debating on whether I should answer it or not. I sighed and mentally prepared myself for the headache this boy was about to give me.

"Hello". I answered being sure to let him know I was annoyed by my tone of voice. "Why you been ignoring me?" He asked. "Why do you keep calling me?" I asked back. "Because you're ignoring me". He answered sounding irritated. "And you're annoying me". I said truthfully causing him to kiss his teeth. I drew my head back from the phone and looked at it as I scrunched up my face. "I apologised for last night though". He said before sighing. "That's not the point and you don't get to decide when I choose to forgive you, if I do". I explained. "Stop calling me and stop messaging me because your pissing me off and i'm going to block you". I said out of annoyance because he'd now put me in the worst mood and I don't know why. "Link me today". He said simply. I closed my eyes for a brief second and let out a frustrated laugh. "Are you taking the piss?" I asked, genuinely wanting to know if he was bantering me or not. "I'm serious". "No". I said bluntly. "I know where you live". He said in such a serious tone. I don't know why his tone of voice made me feel paranoid for a hot second like he was actually going to turn up at my house. There's no way he could know where I lived unless he stalked me. "No you don't" I said before scoffing. "I'm not even joking, my friend told me". He said matter of factly. "Who's your friend?" I asked very confused. The only people I actually brought to my house were Jay, Kane and Princess so unless he was talking about one of them, it was highly unlikely. "You will see him soon enough". He said before chuckling. I stayed quiet as I continued to think about who his friend could be and whether I should take what he was saying seriously. He was starting to concern me and I didn't really know what to do. "Any way, I'll chat to you tomorrow at uni". He said before hanging up the phone.

"Who was you talking to?" I heard Kane say, making me jump and turn around to face him. I contemplated telling the truth or not before deciding that I couldn't continue being secretive - besides Malik was starting to act way too creepy for my likings. "Malik". I answered honestly before attempting to close back up the flour bag. I sighed in frustration as I continued to rip the bag further. I grabbed a sandwich bag from the drawer and put the flour inside it before putting it back in the cupboard - I was no longer in the mood for pancakes. "I ain't even-". He started before cutting himself off and kissing his teeth. "Carry on". He said simply as he stared at me intently. "You know its not like that anyway". I said before rolling my eyes. "What girl do you see calling my phone?" He asked, still giving me that cold stare. "I'm not around you all 24 hours of the day and your acting like you don't have Tiana turning up at your yard". I said defensively but the look on his face only remained the same. In this moment he went back to the same old Kane who showed no emotion. The Kane I couldn't read.