"I love you," she said when she pulled her head back. "I love you so much. I should be making grand gestures for you right now. Your father is in the hospital and you are with me loving me," she sniffed. "You are going to be an amazing father. I was wrong to ever doubt that. I am sorry for that." Vincent smiled at her before he kissed her. He pulled away and placed his hand on her stomach.

"I couldn't sleep knowing that there is someone out there that wants to hurt my family," he sighed. "I hope we didn't make a mistake getting back together. I can't lose either of you." Rebecca saw tears in his eyes before he looked away from her.

She cupped his cheek and moved his head so he was looking at her. "You will protect us. I know that" she looked him in the eyes.

"What if I can't?" He gulped looking back at her. "His father should have been protected and look what happened." Rebecca pecked him on the lips and smiled.

"I have faith in you," she smiled before setting her face with a serious look. "I want you to be positive and focus on the problem now, okay?" Vincent nodded. "Do you know who did it?" Vincent nodded his head and looked out the window again. "Then what are you waiting for?" His head whipped back to look at her. He gave her a questioning look. "So now, you set up a meeting, right? Try to work it out?" Vincent chuckled. He assumed she had watched a Mafia movie or two. At least they got one thing right.

"We already met with them. This is what happened after," he sighed and ran his hand that wasn't on Rebecca's stomach through his hair. "That's why you ended up with more guards." He gave her a meek look hoping she wouldn't yell at him.

"I wondered but I didn't want to bother you with me," she shrugged. She wrapped her arms around his neck. "So, will you show me how to shoot now? You know... Safety," she bit her lip before snuggling her face into his neck.

Vincent kissed her quickly, "go get dressed in something that isn't a hot little nightie," he stood up causing her to do the same. Rebecca raised her eyebrows.

"Right now?"

"I can't sleep," he shrugged. "I will meet you at the door," he said kissing her cheek and walking out of the room.

When she was done getting dressed, Vincent led her to the elevator and pushed the button for the basement floor. He led her to a door near the end of a long hallway. It opened up to a room that was looked a lot like the hallway they had just left. There was a counter that held a couple of sets of headphones and safety glasses. Vincent walked to the counter and motioned for Rebecca to join him. He handed her a set of headphones and glasses then pulled his gun out of the holster on his side.

"Okay," he said taking a deep breath. He told her how to handle the gun safely before standing behind her and showing her how to hold it and aim. He was shocked at just how good she was. She missed the target the first couple times but after that, she got closer and closer to kill shots.

After an hour of shooting, he finally took the gun from her and smiled when he saw how big her smile was. He grabbed her hand and led her back upstairs and to bed, where he wrapped his arms around her and rubbed circles on her stomach.

The next morning Vincent got up and made breakfast like normal. He made sure that Rebecca ate more than she felt like she needed then kissed her and told her he would see her later in the day. When he had left, Rebecca quickly went back to their room and got dressed in a pair of jeans and a stretchy shirt so that she was comfortable before heading out of the apartment.

A half-hour later, the car stopped in front of Vincent's parents' house. Hoping out when the driver opened the door for her, she sent him a smile and a thank you, "I hope you don't mind waiting?" She said shyly. Kert had been driving her around for about a week and she had tried getting to know him but he hadn't really warmed up to her. She felt awkward that he took her wherever she wanted to go. Even going to the store late at night when Vincent told him to any time, she mentioned wanting something specific to eat.