Two Heirs

Vincent left Rebecca at work. She had kissed him on the cheek which made him smile the entire drive back to his place. He understood that she wanted to think about everything but he really didn't want to waste a minute. Missing out on things with her was one thing that he didn't like but, missing out on his child was a whole other thing that would kill him. Vincent didn't really want children. At least not until he heard Tobin talking on the phone to Rebecca and instantly, he could picture their whole life together with kids, marriage the whole thing. Now he just had to figure out how to get her to want that too.

Tobin was standing at his door when he stepped off the elevator. "You got here quick," he said to him as he put in his passkey.

"You call. I come," he shrugged as he followed him into the apartment.

"You just want to know what happened with Rebecca." He took his coat off and threw it on the back of the couch.

"That too," Tobin said. He looked at Vincent with hopeful eyes. Vincent smirked before walking past him toward his office. "Man. Come on. What happened? Is she really mad at me for telling you?" Tobin followed him down the hall shouting questions at him.

Vincent couldn't hold back his laugh, "You're in the clear, Tobin." Vincent poured them both a drink and handed Tobin his before sitting in a chair across from the couch Tobin sat in.

"So, what happened? What are you planning on doing with her?" Vincent rolled his eyes at Tobin's wide eyes.

"Jesus, Tobin. Are you asking me if I would hurt her or our child?" Vincent growled at him, highly offended.

"Of course not, Boss," Tobin held his hands up in surrender. "I'm just asking what you want to happen? I mean now you have your heir now, right?"

"It's more than that, Tobin. I want to take care of and have a life with Rebecca and our child. But she's being stubborn. I want her to move in her," He ran his hands through his hair. "Permanently this time. I want to make sure that my child has everything he wants..."

"Wow. It's a boy? I didn't think you could find out this early!" Tobin said enthusiastically.

"What? I don't know it's a boy," Vincent scowled at him. He finished his drink before continuing his rant that Tobin had interrupted. "The point is. I want to take care of her and the baby," he said pointedly. Tobin held his hands up. He opened his mouth to say something but Domenico burst into the room.

"Look. Bec is going to need time to think."

"I know," Vincent growled.

"As I was saying. Bec will need time. Give her that. I know you want to make sure she's protected and she will come to see that. If it would make you feel better, I could spend the nights at her house so she at least has someone there with her."

"That's not going to happen! The only person taking care of my child and the mother of my child will be me," Vincent stated loud and firm so that his words could not be argued with. Tobin sighed loudly and threw himself back on the couch.

Vincent stood up to fill his glass with more liquor. Only then did he notice Domenico standing in the doorway with wide eyes. "Dom? What is it?" He asked. Domenico was never nervous or worried so the look made his worry.

"You know already? And you're okay with it?" Domenico asked him in an even tone but Vincent could see an ounce of disgust on his face. Vincent raised a brow and Tobin sat up and forward.

"Know what?"

"Milena. She's pregnant."

"She's what?" Tobin shouted before looking at Vincent whose facial expression was one of confusion.

"You don't know then?" Domenico walked toward his cousin and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Chaykovsky is on his way to the states right now," Domenico gave him a look of pity. "If you weren't talking about that, then what were you talking about?"

"Rebecca," both Tobin and Vincent answered at the same time.

"Well, shit," Domenico scratched his chin. "What the hell are you going to do? Two heirs is stress enough. Two women even worse. Especially when one of them is Milena."

Vincent glared at his cousin. "It's only one heir. I don't believe a word Milena says," he spat and started pacing.

"She may be lying but Chaykovsky isn't going to think so. That's his daughter no matter if he knows how much of a whore she is. This will be good business for him too. That's the whole reason he sent her to you in the first place."

"I know that. What do you want me to do about it? Marry her?" Vincent laughed as if he had just told the funniest joke ever told.

"I am not saying that you should marry her. Please don't in fact." Domenico sighed. "I'm saying we have to play this carefully so we don't end up with casualties. We just got back to normal after the whole Enzo thing." Vincent nodded.

"I know we need to be careful and we will. I have Rebecca and my child to take care of. I won't allow anything to happen to them." He folded his arms.

"Rebecca is going to be pissed when she finds out," Tobin decided to chime in suddenly. Both men looked at him.

"She won't be finding out until I have figure out how to handle this," Vincent growled at him through clenched teeth. Tobin held his hands up in surrender.

"Fine. But you can't keep this from her forever," he said standing up and walking toward the door. He stopped and turned back to look at Vincent. "You may be my boss. But she's like a sister to me and I will tell her if you take too long to," he opened the door and left without another word to his boss. He knew that it wasn't smart to talk to Vincent that way. It would take nothing for him to order him killed or even do it himself. But the risk was worth it. He hoped Vincent wouldn't force him to tell Rebecca. She liked to shoot the messenger most times.

"So, what are we going to do about Milena and her father?" Domenico asked Vincent when Tobin left the room. Vincent sighed and poured himself another drink.

"We are going to sit down and have a civilized conversation with him. And then when he doesn't like what we have to say, we will have a war," Vincent was smirking on the outside but inside he was worried about what would happen with Rebecca if a war was started. She had already seen more violence than someone like her should ever see in their lifetime. He couldn't put her through more of that.

Not knowing what more there was to say to his cousin about the matter, he told him to go home and spend time with Rosalina so he could go to bed even though he didn't plan on doing that.

When Domenico left, he sent a text to Rebecca telling her that he would be there to pick her up when she was off work before leaving his apartment. He needed to talk with his father about what they were going to do about everything. 

I know this is super late and I am so sorry! Writer's block is no joke. I know this chapter is not the strongest but it's setting the stage. I swear the next one will be better.