Bossing Around

Vincent took two very, very deep breaths before asking Tobin who he was talking to. He was sure that it was Rebecca but decided to make sure before blowing up. "Who was that?" Tobin cleared his throat.

"Um... I... What?" Vincent rolled his eyes. Loyalty was a good quality in his world and he admired Tobin for being loyal to Rebecca but in this instance, he would prefer the loyalty be in his favor.

"Tobin..." Vincent crossed his arms and glared at the man standing in front of him. "Just tell me. That is an order." Tobin nodded his head. Vincent watched his Adam's apple bob and heard him gulp.

"Rebecca." Tobin cringed. She was going to kill him but if he hadn't told Vincent he would have done it in a much more painful way than she could ever think up.

"And..."

"She's um... Well you see, she's kind of... a little bit..." Tobin sighed when he noticed Vincent was growing impatient. "Pregnant." Vincent's eyes grew wide. He had thought that was what he heard but, wasn't sure. Now having heard it for sure he was shocked and furious. Which emotion he was feeling more was unclear. Without saying a word, he stormed off.

Tobin scrambled to pull his phone back out of his pocket and quickly dialed Rebecca in order to warn her. "Come on. Come on. Pick up, Bec's." He quickly left her a message before hanging up. He knew this wouldn't end well.

Vincent jumped into his car and slammed the door. After starting the engine, he ran his hands through his hair and took a few deep breaths again. It wasn't working though. He ended up punching the steering wheel several times. Hitting the horn drew the attention of his father's gardener but he didn't care. The only thing he cared about was Rebecca hiding the fact that she had his child growing inside her and didn't tell him. He started his car finally and pulled out of his parents' driveway.

As he drove toward town, he called one of the men that he had placed on Rebecca. "Hey, boss." The man greeted.

"Where is she?"

"Just left her place for work, Boss."

"Make sure she doesn't leave once she gets there." He ordered before hanging up and accelerating to get to the hospital before Tobin had a chance to warn her.

Rebecca was already regretting having gone to work. She still didn't feel good and now that she knew exactly why she just wanted to crawl back into bed and think about where her life was headed. "Um... Rebecca, there is a man looking for you," one of the new nurses told her as she walked out of a patient's room. The look on her face told Rebecca this wasn't a normal patient. Rebecca could hear a man yelling and her eyes widened.

"I need to speak with her, right. Now," Vincent was yelling at the poor receptionist.

"Sir. I told you she is with a patient right now." Rebecca walked up behind the women sitting at the desk that Vincent was looking down on.

"Mary. I got it, thank you," she smiled at her before turning to glare at Vincent. He raised his eyebrows at her. If she thought she could be mad at him about anything after what she was hiding from him, she had another thing coming. "Vince. What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" she hissed at him quietly as she pulled him to a corner away from all the eyes that were watching him. No doubt in thanks to his shouting.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me?" he demanded, crossing his arms over his chest. Rebecca furrowed her eyebrows.

"What the hell are you talking about?" she made sure to emphasize the repeated words so he would know she was not impressed by his actions.

"Don't play stupid with me. Is it mine?" Rebecca's eyes grew wide and she raised a hand to her mouth.

"You know?"