11/ this is goodbye

quick a/n: as you may know, this is the final chapter in this book. see my previous chapter for further detail. this will be a very long chapter, so get comfortable kids.

T H E blackness of a dreamless unconsciousness slowly faded away as she felt the pounding of her skull start to take its place

T H E blackness of a dreamless unconsciousness slowly faded away as she felt the pounding of her skull start to take its place. the room was silent. the only sound was her panicked breathing. she was now back in the room with the three chairs, her hands restrained as she sat in one. she struggled against them for a moment before giving up.

"no point," a familiar voice huffed from behind her. "Baby?" She confirmed, turning her head as far back as she could. "yeah, how's your head?" he asked her, shifting his shoulders so he was more comfortable.
"like a collage kid after a night out." she groaned. he chuckled slightly at her joke. they sat there in silence for a moment, hands tied to chairs, heads resting against one another's.

the doorknob twisted and the door creaked open. the heavy footsteps of Marco echoed as he stepped into rebels field of vision. "You really  thought you could fool me, Rebecca? I know  you. Hell, I was you!" He scoffed pinching the bridge of his nose. "What did you come here to do?" He said in a monotone voice, his lips pressed in a thin line.

Rebel didn't say a word, and Baby followed suit. Marco waiter a few seconds before growing impatient, angrily walking over and slamming his hands on the arms of the chair. "Maybe you misunderstood  me! That wasn't a question you can choose not to answer! Tell me what you came here to do! Steal? Kill me?" He shouted in her face.

Rebels face remained expressionless. The smell of tobacco and alcohol rolled from his mouth and into her nose. She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from expelling the foul words that were racing through her mind. Yet she remained silent.

Marco's face grew a shade darker from the crimson he already was. His nostrils flared and his hand reared back, winding up before swinging it across her face. She winced in pain, her head flying to the side. Tears from the stinging sensation pricked at her eyes. She shut them tightly, forcing them away, before opening them, revealing the cold stare she gave him. It would take more than that for her to talk.

"What do you want!?" He shouted in her face again, drawing his hand back again. She restrained a wince as his fist connected with her jaw. The world seemed to spin for a second, the metallic taste in her mouth was the only thing that she could focus on. It slowly filled her mouth, shaking her head and struggling against the restraints.

The sound of a rattling chair from behind her snapped her back into reality. "I'm going to beat your ass." Baby growled through clenched teeth. "Wait your turn, Carson, I'll get to you." He spoke sarcastically. "We're trying to have a family moment, do you mind?" He spoke in the same tone. "Rebecca, this could be over. Just tell me something, was it dear ol' daddy who sent you?" He sneered.

Rebel's jaw clenched, earning a smirk from Marco. "What did he want, hm?" He asked criminally. A few more seconds of silence had Marco swinging at her her with more force than before. The tears stung her eyes. She spat a mixture of blood and saliva in his face, following it with a "Go to hell." her voice was horse and her head spun.