7-Driver Part Two

Driver Part Two" I hate this

Driver Part Two
" I hate this. I hate waiting! "

"Don't worry, little niece. I'm not going to hurt my dear brother." He smiled.

Rebel was fuming, but she pushed through with a tight lipped smile. He nodded, "Now, I have a little business to attend to, but I'm sure you'll busy yourself somehow. " He sighed, placing his hand on her back to guide her out of his office. Rebel restrained herself from completely beating the life out of him on the spot.

The doors shut behind her and she once again walked down the spiral staircase. She found Baby in the same place she had left him, leaning against the bar awkwardly. He looked at her and instantly knew something was wrong. His head tilted slightly, laughing a little at how she crossed her arms angrily.

"What's wrong?" He asked her quietly, not sure if it was some secret. "My uncle," she replied, taking a drink of the bitter whiskey the bartender had slid across the counter. "Is going to try to kill my dad."

Baby's eyes widened slightly. He wondered how someone could kill their own brother. Rebel slammed her cup on the bar. Baby was worried. She had this spark in her eye, not the spunky, lively one as usual. This one was filled with anger and mischief. Her green eyes shifted up to his brown ones. "What're you staring at? Lets go kill this guy." She rolled her eyes, grabbing his wrist and dragging him over to the spiral staircase.

"Rebel. Becca. Rebecca!" He tried to obtain her attention. "What?" She snapped, stopping on the second stair. She let go of his wrist, crossing her arms.

"Lets wait a while. He's in that room right now with more mafia bosses than me and you can fight. You'll die, Becca. Let's wait for a better time." He persuaded. She looked at him for a moment, contemplated if it was worth the risk. She turned to continue ascending the fancy staircase but was stopped by a hand on her wrist.

"You have a death wish. Don't you?" He snapped. Rebel was slightly taken aback, never had she heard Baby raise his voice. Baby sighed at her confused and shocked expression. "Look, I'm sorry. I just don't want you to get hurt," he shook his head. "Doc would literally murder me."

Baby let go of her wrist. She leaned against the railing. They stood there for a moment, casually talking about anything and nothing. Afterwords they sat in silence for a few moments before Rebel finally groaned in annoyance, "I hate this. I hate waiting!"

"I know. But like I said, you can't just in there and shoot the place up." He shook his head as he leaned his elbow on the railing. "They could be in there sending someone to kill my dad right now. And he's not picking up the stupid phone, why can't we just leave?" She rambled in a panicked voice.

"If we leave how will we kick ass?" He joked, trying to lighten the mood. She shot him a pointed look before sitting on the stairs, head in the palm of her hands. He sighed, tilting his head to the left and thinking for a minute.

He sat next to her silently. They didn't speak a word for what felt like hours. They watched the people who were caught up in drinking and dancing and talking and laughing.

"He's all I have left." She said quietly, Baby looked at her, frowning. "I know." he sighed. A smile twitched onto her face, "And I know just how to save him."