6- Driver

Driver

Driver

-

THE NIGHT CAME TO AN END, as all good things do. They danced, they talked, and they grew rather fond of one another.  And the following morning, it was like none of it had ever happened.

Baby chose to ignore the night, as he found his music turning more towards romantic sounds when he was with her. He panicked when he first noticed it, when he was driving her home and their fingertips brushed against each others and they both reached for the volume dial. He remained cool and collected as he drew his hand back, but his mind raced. And as he subtly glanced at her, he couldn't tell if hers was the same.

Rebel chose to ignore the night, as she couldn't get him off her mind, and found her heart beating off rhythm whenever a thought of him resurfaced. Primarily, when they danced. You could tell a lot about someone by the way they danced. You could tell what type of music they liked or didn't, how confident they were, how they felt about you. Rebel had first off assumed she knew everything about him, but was proven wrong when she couldn't answer the last part. Baby was, if nothing, mixed signals. He was constantly hot and cold.  One moment he's walking you to your doorstep in the early hours of morning, the next he only greets you with a simple nod.

Better than nothing, she thought as she smiled slightly back at him, before averting her eyes to the concrete floor of the 'meeting room'. She was noticeably quiet, which Doc took notice to.

"What's wrong with you two?" He asked, sighing slightly as he crossed his legs. "Where's that charisma from yesterday? Huh? Where's your spark, kids?" Doc questioned the two individuals, palms pressed flat on the wooden table.

Rebel only shrugged, shaking her head slightly.  Baby didn't move.
"Well you better find it again soon because you two are going out again this weekend." Doc started, pushing himself up out of the chair and walking to the blackboard he kept for his plans. "Where?" Rebel asked.

"Marco Delgado is having a little party  at his place on 1st Street. I need you to infiltrate it, and tell me what he's planning." Doc elaborates. Rebel's eyebrow quirks, "Uncle Marco?" She scoffed, "No problem, Daddio."

"Now--will you listen to me?" He groaned, seeing his daughter zone out. She looked back at him, "hmm?"
Doc shook his head. "Now, Rebel, you haven't seen Marco in a while. He's changed, he's trying to take the business."

"Oh come on, dad, if I can get you to wear a suit in the morning, I can get Marco to spill his dirty secrets." she wiggled her fingers at the last part, pushing herself off of Doc's chair.

"Its gonna be easy."

--