9/ Leverage

T H R O U G H THE PITCH BLACK OF THE SECURED ROOM, light slowly poured in from the opening door

  T H R O U G H THE PITCH BLACK OF THE SECURED ROOM, light slowly poured in from the opening door. Rebel's eyes were squeezed shut as she didn't know if she'd find what she would suspect.

The newfound light illuminated a single box. Rebel's heart felt like it was being squeezed. Her shaky hand reached up to take the box. It was an old wooden jewelry box with the initials R.C. carved into it. Baby couldn't help but peek at the box. "Is that yours?" He asked the girl quietly. Her frown set in, "No." She said coldly, blinking away the tears forming in her eyes, blurring her vision. She shut the door, before turning to Baby, "let's go." Her voice did it's best to not shatter with every word it was forced to speak,

Baby nodded, stepping to the side so she could pass. His frown matched hers for different reasons. As much as she forced it down, the absolute excruciating pain showed in her eyes, standing out on her otherwise nearly emotionless face. He concluded that this is what Doc had been talking about when he pulled him to the side.

the day before...

"Baby. Come over here."  Doc spoke sharply. Baby's eyebrows drew together in confusion as he approached the older man. "Baby, this, this is going to be dangerous. Not physically, but emotionally. This is going to hurt. Keep her together." Doc stared him down, before walking away,

He walked to her, stepping in her way of the door to exit the room. "Hey, are you sure this is a good idea?" He asked in a soft voice. "Yeah. Let's go." She said blankly, making her attempt to walk around him before he stepped in her way again.

"What's wrong? Why is this place making you different?" He pushed further on. Her eyebrows furrowed. "Nothing!" She groaned, trying yet again to push past him. She did, for a second, before feeling a hand on her wrist. She was about to snap at him until he cut her off, "You know you can trust me, don't you?" He raised his eyebrows slightly, she looked at him and blew out a breath. "Yeah. Maybe I'll tell you. One day." She forced a smile. He sighed, finally letting her pass, knowing that he won't get it out of her.

The pair made their way down the hall to the office Rebecca had left only 20 minutes prior. She felt for the gun that was strapped to her thigh, the presence of it putting her slightly at ease. Her hand shook as she brought it to the door, taking a deep breath before knocking 3 times. Nobody answered for a second, Rebel's eyebrows furrowed in frustration.
"I swear, if we get caught because we're waiting for him to open the door, I'm going to—" she was cut off by Baby pounding on the door. The door flew open a moment later. Marco stood there, slightly shocked. He opened his mouth, prepared to make some remark, before Baby, yet again, cut it off. "Say a word and we're gonna blow your head off."