* * *

After Sunday school was over, the church service was still going on so we stood in front of the church to wait. My body was still in the same state, maybe even worse. The pain moved from my back to my hips, and it made it a struggle to walk. I had to walk slowly to get out of the room and my friends helped me.

"I think you're even worse now." Danny says with concern while April and Tyler nod in agreement.

"I'm fine." I lie. Yes I was in so much pain but I didn't want to worry them more.

"Limping is not fine." Tyler remarks and I roll my eyes.

Before I can even speak, Lena approaches us. She doesn't look angry but actually looks nervous. We all look at her with confused looks and look back at her.

"I'm sorry, are you lost? " Danny asks her and I quietly groan in pain.

"I know this is weird, but can I please speak to Anima? Alone." she asks and I raise my eyebrows. What did she want from me? Today is not the right day for any drama.

"No." April and Danny say together. Tyler chuckles and gives April a look.

I look at them and roll my eyes. They're just like twins.

"Guys, relax. Let her talk to me. " I say weakly.

"But--" they both start but Tyler cuts them off.

"We should let them talk. Come on, let's go over there." he reasons and I thank him with a smile

Danny rolls his eyes and April pouts as Tyler drags them away. I turn back to Lena and see her nervously playing with her hair.

"What do you need?" I ask her, putting my hand on my hip to ease the pain.

"I-I just wanted to say, um, sorry. " she starts and I raise my eyebrows in shock. Am I dreaming?

"I realized I sounded like a hypocrite a few weeks ago in the bathroom. I made those girls apologize to you for insulting you when I haven't even apologized myself. I am so sorry for all the stress and suffering i put you through. Words really hurt and I understand that now. " she says, looking at the ground nervously.

"Lena--"

"No, I'm not done. You were right the other time. I've always been jealous, Anima. You're just a good person. You're beautiful inside and out, people actually like you, and you're just everything I'm not. It's true I never liked Danny but I just needed to prove that I could beat you at something. For once, I wanted to show people that I was better than Anima.That was so childish and I truly am sorry. Secretly, I want to be like you. I want to be kind and forgiving, not mean and cold. I look up to you and I only hated you because I hated myself for not being like you. I'm not asking you to forgive me now but just know that I never meant anything I said to you before. " she says and lets out a huge breath after.

I am speechless. I stand there frozen. I don't know what to say. Lena just apologized. And it sounded sincere. She was jealous of me? How is that possible? Wonders shall never end.

Before I can respond, I feel a severe pain in my lower stomach and I scream out in pain. I almost fall to the ground when Lena quickly holds me.

"Oh my gosh." she whispers, holding me gently.

In a second, Danny, April, and Tyler are in front of me with scared looks on their faces.

"I didn't do anything, I promise. " Lena says, holding her hands up.

Danny holds onto me as I continue screaming in pain. I can barely see anyone but I start to see a crowd of people around me. Tyler tells everyone to give me space.