💔 One

It's only the middle of Chenle's junior year yet he already feels that his left is set for success. Popular, high grades, in honour classes, and an amazing boyfriend.

Somehow, he's found himself dating the school's soccer captain Lee Jeno for now a year, since today is Valentine's Day. Cheesy for Jeno to ask out the Chinese boy on a hated holiday, but he just couldn't keep his feelings to himself.

Or, that's what Jeno had claimed.

Chenle's walk had a bounce in it, he had some chocolate in his bag that he was going to give to his sweet boyfriend. It could be considered cannibalism; a sweetie eating sweets.

Chenle immediately cringed at himself for thinking that. Yeah, he was sappy, but not to the point that he's facepalming at his own thoughts.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he sees Jeno all alone at his locker. Seeing him by himself is weird because he always has the Dreamies by his side, at least one member. Chenle loses a little of the bounce in his step as he approaches his caring boyfriend. His smile drops as soon as he doesn't see one upon the other's face.

"Hey, Jeno," Chenle says a bit too loud, considering the older was right in front of him, "Happy one-year to-"

"Chenle," Jeno cuts off the younger from finishing his sentence, "Just stop talking to me, okay? Actually, just stop talking to the Dreamies. Pretend that you just don't matter, but without the pretend part."

Chenle is honestly confused with everything that his loving boyfriend had just said. Why should they stop talking? Was this just a really bad joke, because Chenle wasn't laughing.

"Want to see a magic trick?" Jeno asks Chenle, giving the younger a wave of relief that all of this is just a cruel prank.

"Poof! You're single now! Have fun being all alone!" Jeno walks off, leaving the Chinese boy to himself.

Chenle's jaw falls to the floor; had Jeno just broken up with him? No way, this has to be a joke; a really, really, bad joke. Though, his world is starting to shatter, at one point he really thought he was set on the road to success.

Chenle can now see how much of a hated holiday Valentine's Day is.