Black cars

It wasn't long before the police cruiser came to a halt in front of their destination, clipping the curb and causing the passengers inside the vehicle to lurch forward in their seats.

The location in question was a house. A regular, plain old looking house- with a door, and windows, and even a little green round the front of the property. The only irregular thing about the building, was that it was quiet. Very quiet.

In fact, the entire neighbourhood seemed to be at a standstill.

Riggs glanced at Toni, and they both shared a knowing look,

"Boy does this feel familiar" he mumbled.

She nodded wordlessly in reply, and they both turned back to stare at the house.

A moment later, Riggs turned off the engine in the car- opening his door and hopping out the vehicle. Toni watched from the passenger seat as he took a long hard glance around the area, before reaching into his jacket pocket. He withdrew a cigarette and put it between his teeth, before flicking the lid of his lighter.

He leant back down into the car to talk to her, smoke blowing into her face when he spoke.

"I'm gonna go check around the place" he said, cigarette wriggling between his lips, "Don't.move."

Toni rolled her eyes, before kicking her feet up onto the dashboard. "You got it boss" she said.

She turned away to look out the window at the surrounding neighbourhood, feigning interest- but kept a careful watch out the corner of her eye as Riggs ambled up to the front door of the house.

She watched him ring the doorbell, fingers itching at the baretta hanging off the hook of his jeans. There mustn't have been an answer, because in the next moment she saw Riggs rapping at the door with his fist. No answer again.

He turned his head back to the car, catching eye with Toni. He shrugged at her. She smirked, waggled her brows, and began punching her hand with her fist, then pointing back at the door- 'break It down?'

Riggs briefly shook his head, before using a circular motion with his index finger- 'check round the back first' . He went to move, but quickly turned back to her. He set her with a hard look, and mouthed the word "stay".

She put her hands up in mock innocence, before folding them over her chest and sitting back in her seat. She watched Riggs move round the side of the property, before disappearing out of sight.

She turned back out the window, and blew out a long sigh, grinning when it fogged up the glass. She drew a small smiley face, then promptly rubbed it out with her fingers. Puffing excessively, Toni misted the entire window, and began aimlessly doodling away.

After completing her masterpiece drawing, Toni took her entire sleeve this time and swiped a long stroke across the window, clearing it instantly;

A car had pulled up on the other side of the road.

'Huh' Toni thought, interest suddenly peaked. She narrowed her eyes at the vehicle across the street, resting her cheek on her hand and pressing her nose up against the glass. The car was sleek and black, with blacked-out windows to match- and above all else, it was really, really nice. Far too nice to belong in a neighbourhood such as this one, the girl concluded.

"So..." she said out loud to herself, pressing her face further up against the window, "what's a car like you doing in an area like this, huh?"